    The car will only be there during the afternoon

    TIA

    oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>

    Shane, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Shane

    Mackin_NZ Guest

    Shane wrote:

    > Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
    > suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
    > thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
    > The car will only be there during the afternoon
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>

    Nothing wrong with the Civic carpark, I use it all the time.

    As long as the ceiling doesn't collape of course. :)

    http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/news/council/200505/29/a03.asp

    Mackin

    Mackin_NZ, Oct 6, 2005

  3. On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:42:48 +1300, someone purporting to be Shane didst
    scrawl:

    > Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
    > suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
    > thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
    > The car will only be there during the afternoon

    Who's paying for the parking? Business-day hourly rates for the CBD
    carparks are likely to leave you unable to drive the car unless it gets
    refitted for a disabled driver :p
    If you're paying, my advice would be to park around Newmarket or Parnell
    and catch the Link. There's free parking to be found in those places. If
    you're not paying, the Civic carpark is quite safe. It's attended, and
    there's a lot of traffic.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Oct 9, 2005
  4. Shane

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
    > suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
    > thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
    > The car will only be there during the afternoon

    Depends on time of day. If it is after 6pm i'd park somewhere like the
    Carlton Hotel. More secure than the civic.

    If you only need an hour there are on st parking meters.

    Steve

    Steven Ellis, Oct 10, 2005
  5. Shane

    Mr Krinkle Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
    > suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
    > thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
    > The car will only be there during the afternoon
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>
    >
    > --
    > Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
    >
    > The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.

    I often park at the Civic at night, returning between 11:00pm and 2:00am by
    myself. Just keep an eye on your surroundings and you should be fine. It
    could also come done to luck on my part? I've never heard any bad stories
    about safety at the civic parking.

    Mr Krinkle, Nov 3, 2005
  6. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:23:05 +1300, Mr Krinkle wrote:

    > "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    >> Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
    >> suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
    >> thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
    >> The car will only be there during the afternoon
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
    >>
    >> The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.
    >>

    > I often park at the Civic at night, returning between 11:00pm and 2:00am by
    > myself. Just keep an eye on your surroundings and you should be fine. It
    > could also come done to luck on my part? I've never heard any bad stories
    > about safety at the civic parking.

    Heh.. thanks, I've been on the trip (about a fortnight ago now) and indeed
    used the civic
    Upon leaving, the damn arm was smashed, and I couldnt insert my paid
    parking ticket anywhere, and left (the ticket is still in my car officer)
    Its similar to a carpark in hamilton now that I think about it

    Thanks though :)

    Shane, Nov 3, 2005