    H EL P ! !

    My Car Lighter doesn't work any more - what's wrong?
    I can't use SAT NAV.
    coppernut, May 6, 2008

  2. coppernut

    SwissTony Guest

    "coppernut" <> wrote in message
    news:fRUTj.98393$...
    >H EL P ! !
    >
    > My Car Lighter doesn't work any more - what's wrong?
    > I can't use SAT NAV.

    Check the fuse for the cigarette lighter socket, in the cars fuse box.
    What make and model of car do you own? If you know what year it is, that
    would be useful as well.
    SwissTony, May 6, 2008

  3. coppernut

    coppernut Guest

    My car is a VWPolo 53 Thankyou

    coppernut, May 6, 2008
  4. coppernut

    coppernut Guest

    I haven't checked the fuse. I don't know where the fuse box is.

    coppernut, May 6, 2008
  5. coppernut

    El.Plates Guest

    It's under the stairs behind the coats
    El.Plates, May 6, 2008
  6. coppernut

    SwissTony Guest

    "coppernut" <> wrote in message
    > My car is a VWPolo 53 Thankyou
    > "coppernut" <> wrote in message
    >>H EL P ! !
    >>
    >> My Car Lighter doesn't work any more - what's wrong?
    >> I can't use SAT NAV.

    On the hand side of the dash, on the drivers side, should be a removable
    panel, around stearing wheel height
    You may need to open the drivers side door, to get to it.
    Once you have found it, you need to find fuse number 49 or F49. This should
    be a blue 15amp fuse.
    Pull it out using the tool thats usually on the back of the plate you
    removed to get into the fusebox, or your fingers if there is room.
    Make sure you remember where it came from, once you have taken it out.
    If the fuse has blown, the curly bit of wire in the middle that joins the
    two blades, will be broken
    http://www.societyofrobots.com/images/electronics_fuse_blown.jpg
    If its blown, all garages and most diy shops sell spares cheaply.
    SwissTony, May 6, 2008
  7. coppernut

    SwissTony Guest

    SwissTony, May 6, 2008
  8. coppernut

    Snit Guest

    "Lookout" <> stated in post
    on 5/6/08 6:52 AM:

    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 08:41:47 GMT, "coppernut" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> H EL P ! !
    >>
    >> My Car Lighter doesn't work any more - what's wrong?
    >> I can't use SAT NAV.
    >>

    > Did you check the fuse?

    He might re-fuse. :)

    --
    Prescott Computer Guy: Michael Glasser
    http://prescottcomputerguy.org
    Snit, May 6, 2008
  9. Lookout wrote:

    > On Tue, 6 May 2008 11:59:31 +0100, "El.Plates"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>It's under the stairs behind the coats

    > In the basement away from the water heater

    It's in the attic with the old copies of the Daily Planet.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, May 6, 2008
  10. coppernut

    chuckcar Guest

    "coppernut" <> wrote in

    > I haven't checked the fuse. I don't know where the fuse box is.
    > "SJP" <> wrote in message
    >> So have you checked the fuse?
    >>
    >> "coppernut" <> wrote in message
    >>> My car is a VWPolo 53 Thankyou
    >>> "coppernut" <> wrote in message

    > I haven't checked the fuse. I don't know where the fuse box is.

    Try looking in your cars manual maybe?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 9, 2008
  11. coppernut

    chuckcar Guest

    "Pangloss" <optimist@pessimist> wrote in

    > "Lookout" <> wrote in message

    >>>Try looking in your cars manual maybe?

    >> Oooo Oooooo Ooooo...me next! He bought it used and didn't come with
    >> one.

    > If he's SFS he can't find the fuse box, he shouldn't be driving and
    > looking at a GPS display at the same time....

    Naw, evolution at work that is.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 9, 2008