    differences on video capture cards. I have available unused PCI slots on my
    computer P-IV with a 160 GB HD. I welcome suggestions regarding how to
    choose a video capture card and any necessary software.TIA

    Fred Miller, Mar 10, 2006

  2. Fred Miller

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Fred Miller" <> wrote in message
    news:8fgQf.67287$...
    >I want to start capturing video from my cable system and recording it on my
    > HD and then burning them to DVDs but I am overwhelmed by the variety and
    > differences on video capture cards. I have available unused PCI slots on
    > my
    > computer P-IV with a 160 GB HD. I welcome suggestions regarding how to
    > choose a video capture card and any necessary software.TIA

    I use Snapstream Beyond TV 4.0 with a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE PCI card.
    It's a dual tuner card so one can watch one channel and record another at
    the same time. Single tuner cards limit you to watch only one channel while
    recording it. It captures in several different formants, DVD quality being
    one option and you can burn to disc after you record. IMO, this is a better
    solution than Win XP Media Center software that is full of DRM limits and
    restrictions.

    The snapstream forums are here:
    http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/index.php

    Michael-NC, Mar 10, 2006