    or PCI. TV tuner included would be good as a backup recorder but doesn't
    have to do HD. Budget up to $200.
    Many thanks

    Spam Begone, Jan 3, 2011

  2. In message <ift93h$mq0$>, Spam Begone wrote:

    > For a holiday project, I'm looking to digitise a whole lot of VHS tapes
    > for relatives.

    Get a DVD recorder with hard drive.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 4, 2011

  3. I want to do much the same thing.

    I'm getting a USB Video Audio Capture Adapter(DC60+) to PC/ DVD
    in the next two days from a TradeMe trader.

    Give ne a day or two and I'll report me experience.

    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz, Jan 4, 2011
  4. Spam Begone

    Matty F Guest

    On Jan 4, 8:46 am, Spam Begone <> wrote:
    > For a holiday project, I'm looking to digitise a whole lot of VHS tapes
    > for relatives.
    >
    > I've borrowed a WINTV-PVR150 but have a problem with the picture
    > randomly flickering while playing the tapes that are fine when played
    > direct to a TV

    I believe the flickering is caused by "modern" VHS players trying to
    stop you doing what you want to do. A really old VHS player will not
    do that, if it works at all.

    Matty F, Jan 4, 2011
  5. The USB Video Audio Capture Adapter(DC60+) works well.

    The video capture is quite satisfactory.

    The quality of all output is very dependent on the source and the
    sound card.

    My plans to use an HP Compaq nx5000 to capture the VCR output had
    to be abandonned because the laptop sound card (SoundMAX) was less
    than satisfactory. It's just acceptable (ADI) with an HP Compaq d530
    desktop.

    When I get a spare VCR I'll try again with a tower with a Realtek
    sound card.

    Any box with non-inteegrated sound and video systems should be
    OK.

    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz, Jan 6, 2011