    three players. The specific movie is only available via streaming as
    the disc is OOP. Ebay lists it for over $200. While the grandkids
    don't have any problem with that (it's a movie for them), I do.
    Richard Cranium, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Richard Cranium

    windhello Guest

    windhello, Jul 12, 2009

  3. Richard Cranium

    Joe Phillips Guest

    On Jun 25, 7:20 pm, (Richard Cranium) wrote:
    > What's the ideal method for capturing streaming video with the desired
    > end result being a DVD?  My home layout doesn't lend itself to go from
    > PC to TV, so I'd prefer burning a DVD that can be played in any of
    > three players.  The specific movie is only available via streaming as
    > the disc is OOP.  Ebay lists it for over $200.  While the grandkids
    > don't have any problem with that (it's a movie for them), I do.

    What were you trying to get that was streaming only? Personally I use
    the Firefox browser with the downloadhelper extension to grab
    streaming videos from youtube, etc. and then use the winff (ffmpeg)
    gui to convert them to formats that will play on my xbox 360 or into
    vob files for burning video dvds using infrarecorder or other free dvd
    authoring software. What type of hardware and software are you
    currently working with? I recently installed ubuntu linux in a sony
    vaio laptop my father-in-law had and he likes the video and dvd
    authoring programs he can use on that better than their windows
    alternatives.
    Joe Phillips, Jul 16, 2009