    am willing to pay for it if the quality is better with commercial software.

    Thanks in advance,

    S.R.

    Sigi Rindler, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Sigi Rindler

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Sigi Rindler wrote:
    > I would like to capture streaming video (news) for later viewing. Can
    > somebody recommend a software that works well? A freebee is
    > preferred, but I am willing to pay for it if the quality is better with
    > commercial
    > software.

    In most cases you have to record the streaming media. Get WMrecorder !
    Version 4 to 8 are free, get 8: http://home.wanadoo.nl/lc.staak/WMR80.zip
    Howto's? go here: http://home.wanadoo.nl/lc.staak/wmrecorder.html
    For a newer version (10) you have to pay, except if you have no conscience
    and get a crack. More info:
    http://all-streaming-media.com/record-video-stream/
    <aside>
    For Real streaming media you need RMrecorder.

    > Thanks in advance,

    GFIA

    Dr. Bill, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Sigi Rindler

    Daave Guest

    Sigi Rindler wrote:
    > I would like to capture streaming video (news) for later viewing. Can
    > somebody recommend a software that works well? A freebee is
    > preferred, but I am willing to pay for it if the quality is better

    with
    > commercial software.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q="streambox vcr"

    What is the Web site you want to capture the streaming video from? What
    protocol do they use? RTSP? MMS? PNM? See:

    http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

    HTH.

    Dave

    Daave, Sep 25, 2005
  4. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    > What is the Web site you want to capture the streaming video from? What
    > protocol do they use? RTSP? MMS? PNM? See:

    There was another from D. Bill who recommended WMrecoder. It supports all
    these protocols!
    Thanks a lot, Dr. Bill... the software looks good.

    Sigi Rindler, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Sigi Rindler

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Sigi Rindler wrote:
    >> What is the Web site you want to capture the streaming video from?
    >> What protocol do they use? RTSP? MMS? PNM? See:
    >>

    > There was another from D. Bill who recommended WMrecoder. It supports
    > all these protocols!
    > Thanks a lot, Dr. Bill...

    Anytime!

    > the software looks good.

    It *is* good, but RMrecorder does n't always gives the results expected, cos
    Realmedia files are fucking crapware.
    A great searchengine for streaming media is:
    http://search.singingfish.com/sfw/home.jsp
    Have fun!

    Dr. Bill, Sep 26, 2005