    threats from a guy in yahoo chat and when I contacted Yahoo corporate they
    said they can ban the ID but cant stop him from making another ID. They did
    say if I can get his IP they can ban it. Thanks in advance for all the help

    michael branchfield, Mar 31, 2006

  2. michael branchfield

    vbMark Guest

    "michael branchfield" <> wrote in
    news:_NeXf.69803$oL.46553@attbi_s71:

    > Is there a way to caputure someones IP address my fiance has received
    > threats from a guy in yahoo chat and when I contacted Yahoo corporate
    > they said they can ban the ID but cant stop him from making another
    > ID. They did say if I can get his IP they can ban it. Thanks in
    > advance for all the help

    I don't know how to get someone's IP from Yahoo IM but you may want to do a
    search on his current YahooID on Google. You may be able to put together a
    little information about him.

    In fact, post his Yahoo ID here. I'll help search and I'm sure others here
    will too.
    --
    Have you washed your elbows at http://www.vbmark.com

    vbMark, Mar 31, 2006

  3. his ID is Joe_Blow__

    michael branchfield, Mar 31, 2006
  4. michael branchfield

    Jos. Wheeler Guest

    "michael branchfield" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to caputure someones IP address my fiance has received
    > threats from a guy in yahoo chat and when I contacted Yahoo corporate they
    > said they can ban the ID but cant stop him from making another ID. They
    > did say if I can get his IP they can ban it. Thanks in advance for all the
    > help

    So what did your naive little sweetie do that brought this situation on?
    Also, it seems to me that if she's your fiancé and not your little daughter,
    she ought to be a big enough girl to take care of it herself...

    Jos. Wheeler, Mar 31, 2006
  5. "Jos. Wheeler" <joe@csa> wrote in message
    > "michael branchfield" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to caputure someones IP address my fiance has received
    >> threats from a guy in yahoo chat and when I contacted Yahoo corporate
    >> they said they can ban the ID but cant stop him from making another ID.
    >> They did say if I can get his IP they can ban it. Thanks in advance for
    >> all the help
    >>

    > So what did your naive little sweetie do that brought this situation on?
    > Also, it seems to me that if she's your fiancé and not your little
    > daughter, she ought to be a big enough girl to take care of it herself...

    Sound worryingly like the "she was asking for it" crap trotted out by
    rapists. I'll bet your partner feels safe and secure with you protecting her
    (or him).

    mentalguy2004, Mar 31, 2006
  6. she didnt do anything this guy has a beef w/ her brother and feels the need
    to bring her into it. he's mainly a radio rambo

    michael branchfield, Mar 31, 2006
  7. michael branchfield

    doS Guest

    You beter get an ew fiance...

    doS, Apr 1, 2006
  8. michael branchfield

    Guest

    Ignore the a-hole. When ever he speaks, just ignore him. It's the best
    way to get rid of a problem like that in a chat room.
    The simplest way is to turn on the "ignore" feature and block him out.
    After awhile he gets the message and he's no longer a problem.

    Oh and Yahoo can indeed find the idiot's IP with no problem. They just
    don't want to deal with it unless there is a really serious problem.

    , Apr 1, 2006
  9. On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:02:27 +0000, michael branchfield wrote:

    > his ID is Joe_Blow__

    YHBT. HAND.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona|anomoP, CA * http://www.donavan.org
    "The two most abundant things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 3, 2006
  10. michael branchfield

    Plato Guest

    Report it to your local police.