    and fog...foggy.

    Thanks.
    , Sep 16, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hello. I have a Canon PowerShot A620 and would like to know what
    > settings can 1) capture actual fog/rain while 2) choosing one central
    > subject and making it clear (as though the fog either weren't there).
    > Every setting I tried this AM in the PA mountains kept both the
    > subject and fog...foggy.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You don't. If the fog makes the object appear unclear, there is no way
    of changing that. You need to pick a time, and location where it is the way
    you like.

    Now you may or may not find that careful use of a polarizing filter may
    help you out.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Sep 16, 2006

  3. On 16 Sep 2006 07:04:14 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >Hello. I have a Canon PowerShot A620 and would like to know what
    >settings can 1) capture actual fog/rain while 2) choosing one central
    >subject and making it clear (as though the fog either weren't there).
    >Every setting I tried this AM in the PA mountains kept both the subject
    >and fog...foggy.

    You could try increasing the contrast, but this is better done a photo
    editor where you can mask off your subject.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 16, 2006
  4. Guest

    Nano Technology Application for Health,Wellness and Beauty

    Dear All, this might be useful for you and your family

    Technically engineered natural minerals have been structurally bonded
    in glass, at molecular level, using several high heat fusion methods.
    This combination of the techniques causes a catalytic energy conversion
    creating a long lasting, specific natural Nano resonance in the BIO
    DISC.

    Transferring the "Nano Energising Frequency" into or through liquid
    affects the nanos within the liquid. When the mineral nanos come into
    contact
    with their specific frequency they behave completely differ ently from
    the host atom for instance: they boil quicker, are lighter and refract
    more light.
    This natural resonance has the ability to create a molecular structure
    in all manufactured or treated liquid and vegetation.

    Product benefits:
    -It will enhance taste of food and beverages
    -It helps to improve sleep
    -It has the ability to balance ying and yang and create a CHI Life
    force
    -It helps to create energized water by placing drinking water on top of
    it
    -By drinking the energized water created from Bio Disc will help you
    detoxify
    and hydrate all body cells
    -It enhance your immune system of the body
    -It reduces stress levels
    -It increased take up of nutrients
    -It increases oxygenation of the blood
    -It has calming effects of the resonance increases mental Cognition
    -Rejuvenating molecular structures and nano cells, reduces bacteria
    formation,
    extends shelf life, improves taste and slows down the aging process.
    -Fruit, vegetables and meat lose molecular structure as they age.
    All can be revitalised at a molecular level by Qi technology
    resonance.
    -Put it in the pocket to reduce Jet Lag
    -Improve Wine Taste
    -Pour cosmetics/lotions on the surface of BIO DISC to maximize the
    benefits of cosmetics/lotions
    -Place BIO DISC on any wound/injury to accelerate the healing process
    -Move it counter clock wise to remove muscle injury
    -Remove Fat From Milk
    -Put cigarettes box on BIO DISC for 30 minutes to remove Tar and
    Nicotine from cigarettes
    -It accelerates relaxation into deeper meditation

    Expose Positive and Expels Negative Effects
    NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL

    Product Specification
    Appearance: Round Clear Glass
    Specific Size: Diam 9cm Thickness 10mm
    Specific Weight: 130grs
    Country of Origin: Germany
    Lifetime : 15 years
    Certified by: Prognos

    For more info and inquiry: http://masterpiece.myqnet.biz
    , Sep 16, 2006
  5. Bill Funk Guest

    Re: Nano Technology Application for Health,Wellness and Beauty

    On 16 Sep 2006 08:18:08 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Dear All, this might be useful for you and your family

    Yeahbut, will I get better gas mileage with it?
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Sep 16, 2006
  6. Paul Mitchum Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Hello. I have a Canon PowerShot A620 and would like to know what
    > settings can 1) capture actual fog/rain while 2) choosing one central
    > subject and making it clear (as though the fog either weren't there).
    > Every setting I tried this AM in the PA mountains kept both the subject
    > and fog...foggy.
    >
    > Thanks.

    If you pull your foggy image into an image editor, you can adjust the
    contrast to pull the subject forward to some degree.

    If you have Photoshop, convert to Lab and adjust the L curve. Lab seems
    designed for fog and haze.
    Paul Mitchum, Sep 16, 2006
  7. ASAAR Guest

    On 16 Sep 2006 07:04:14 -0700, wrote:

    > Hello. I have a Canon PowerShot A620 and would like to know what
    > settings can 1) capture actual fog/rain while 2) choosing one central
    > subject and making it clear (as though the fog either weren't there).
    > Every setting I tried this AM in the PA mountains kept both the subject
    > and fog...foggy.

    You have part of what you want already, since the fog is foggy. :)
    Distant mountains (if they're included in the shot) will remain
    foggy. To minimize the effect of fog and rain on the subject, you
    should try to reduce the amount of fog and rain between the camera
    and the subject, at least in relation to the amount in the rest of
    the picture. To do this, zoom the camera's lens to its widest angle
    and get much closer to the subject. If you've ever seen a televised
    football or baseball game played in moderate rain, very long
    telephoto shots make it appear as if the game is being played in a
    downpour, while simultaneous closer shots of players, referees and
    umpires often display little or no evidence of any rain at all. If
    you're handy with photo editors, you might be able to make a good
    composite, with an early, foggy AM shot and a later shot when most
    of the fog will have burned off or dissipated.
    ASAAR, Sep 16, 2006
  8. Routemeister Guest

    You can try to maximize contrast, if that adjustment is available on your
    camera. However, if you have PS elements or another editor with layers and
    unsharp mask available, try this method to improve local contrast:
    Create a duplicate layer
    Set USM filter to r=50, strength=50% and threshold =0
    Apply to the duplicate layer
    Now adjust the transparency of the duplicate layer until the histogram for
    the complete photo shows a minimal amount of clipping in the shadows and/or
    the highights. Usually, 40% - 60% transparency will work.
    You can experiment with other duplicate layer blend modes as well:
    If you have a lot of shadow detail, setting the blend mode to lighter may be
    better.
    If it's a high key photo, try setting the blend mode to darker.
    If it's extremely low contrast, Try multiply or overlay.
    Have Fun!
    David "Routemeister" Thompson
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/backroads/

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello. I have a Canon PowerShot A620 and would like to know what
    > settings can 1) capture actual fog/rain while 2) choosing one central
    > subject and making it clear (as though the fog either weren't there).
    > Every setting I tried this AM in the PA mountains kept both the subject
    > and fog...foggy.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It has removed 7226 spam emails to date.
    Try SPAMfighter for free now!
    Routemeister, Sep 16, 2006
  9. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello. I have a Canon PowerShot A620 and would like to know what
    > settings can 1) capture actual fog/rain while 2) choosing one central
    > subject and making it clear (as though the fog either weren't there).
    > Every setting I tried this AM in the PA mountains kept both the
    > subject and fog...foggy.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can't create detail that isn't there to work with.
    If your sensor recoreds only fog...it isn't magically able to see through
    it.

    **If it is only light fog, or haze, however, you can definitely reduce its
    visibility--even with a simple levels adjustment. As you increase contrast
    in this way, you'll end up losing some shadow detail, but you can cut
    through smoke, light fog and haze quite a bit.

    Can you post the image somewhere? It's hard to know whether you're asking
    the impossible without seeing the image to which you refer...

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Sep 16, 2006
  10. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Technically engineered natural minerals have been structurally bonded
    > in glass, at molecular level, using several high heat fusion methods.

    Not only are you OFF TOPIC, you are OFF your TROLLEY

    Roy G
    Roy G, Sep 16, 2006
  11. ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:29:47 -0700, Bill Funk wrote:

    >> Dear All, this might be useful for you and your family

    > Yeahbut, will I get better gas mileage with it?

    Definitely. But don't let that be an excuse to stop using Beano.

    :)
    ASAAR, Sep 16, 2006
  12. Joan Guest

    Not my photo and not what you're going to get but I like this:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hangingpixels/186439568/

    --
    Joan

    <> wrote in message
    : Hello. I have a Canon PowerShot A620 and would like to know what
    : settings can 1) capture actual fog/rain while 2) choosing one
    central
    : subject and making it clear (as though the fog either weren't
    there).
    : Every setting I tried this AM in the PA mountains kept both the
    subject
    : and fog...foggy.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    Joan, Sep 17, 2006
  13. Guest Guest

    I recently saw a beautiful photo taken in the fog. In the forground were
    three very colorful boats which just "popped" out of the fog.
    Old Bob
    Guest, Sep 17, 2006