    on January 15, 2005. Does anyone actually believe they will make this date,
    or are they going to push back the release again, as they have four times
    already?

    Harry J, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Harry J

    Roberto T Guest

    The folks at Capture One have taught us all a valuable lesson----- you can't
    keep all your eggs in one basket. You need to have at least two available
    programs for doing raw conversions, particularly if you use your equipment
    for income-producing revenue. Most of us who counted on Capture One and
    their many broken promises and unfulfilled delivery dates have long since
    installed a second program for raw conversions-- some are using Canon's
    proprietary software bundles and others have moved on to Bibble,
    Breeze-Browser and the like. I'll be counting down the days til January 15
    along with thousands of others, but let's get real here-- the odds of
    actually seeing delivery of this product on that date is not in our favor.

    "Harry J" <> wrote in message
    > The much awaited Capture One for Windows version 3.6 is due out in 10

    days,

    Roberto T, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Harry J

    Ryadia Guest

    "Harry J" <> wrote in message
    > The much awaited Capture One for Windows version 3.6 is due out in 10

    days,
    > on January 15, 2005. Does anyone actually believe they will make this

    date,
    > or are they going to push back the release again, as they have four times
    > already?

    You guys are unbelievable...
    If they had done the Canon thing and released a faulty product just "keep
    faith" with you lamers, you'd have screamed long and loud about a dud
    product. They didn't. They saw fit to fix whatever it is that makes it
    unstable/not work or whatever and hold off releasing the product until they
    are good and ready. Congratulation, I say.

    Doug

    Ryadia, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Harry J

    Harvey Guest

    "Ryadia" <> wrote in message

    > "Harry J" <> wrote in message
    > > The much awaited Capture One for Windows version 3.6 is due out in 10

    > days,
    > > on January 15, 2005. Does anyone actually believe they will make this

    > date,
    > > or are they going to push back the release again, as they have four

    times
    > > already?
    > >

    > You guys are unbelievable...
    > If they had done the Canon thing and released a faulty product just "keep
    > faith" with you lamers, you'd have screamed long and loud about a dud
    > product. They didn't. They saw fit to fix whatever it is that makes it
    > unstable/not work or whatever and hold off releasing the product until

    they
    > are good and ready. Congratulation, I say.
    >
    > Doug

    Bullfarb. Why are you congratulating them for not releasing a defective
    product? Do you congratulate an automobile company for not releasing a
    truck with defective tires? Of course not. You expect the truck to work.
    By missing four release dates they have shown their inability to predict
    software development cycles. They are trying to keep you on the hook so you
    do not jump to a competitor. This is a short-term strategy that builds
    distrust of their management.

    Harvey, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Harry J

    Roberto T Guest

    Hey Doug:

    Come on, every release in the past year and a half has had more bugs than
    previous releases-- so would it matter anyway? The big deal with this
    release is that it was supposed to support a major new camera, the Canon
    20D, and that Phase One has been promising this support since the end of
    October. They already skipped four projected dates and left persons who
    prepaid for updates high and dry, especially the ones the use their
    equipment to earn income. It would have been better for them to come out
    with the support in a buggy version (since every version is buggy anyway),
    than not have the support at all for so long.

    Roberto T, Jan 5, 2005
  6. Harry J

    Phil A. Chio Guest

    Folks should not waste their time whining here about Capture One. Go where
    the professional Capture One whiners go:

    http://www.voy.com/189989/

    Remember ala Phase One: "No wine before its time."

    Well on this site it's:

    "It's time to whine."

    Phil A. Chio, Jan 5, 2005
  7. Harry J

    Petros Guest

    Ryadia posted:

    > "Harry J" <> wrote in message
    > > The much awaited Capture One for Windows version 3.6 is due out in 10

    > days,
    > > on January 15, 2005. Does anyone actually believe they will make this

    > date,
    > > or are they going to push back the release again, as they have four times
    > > already?
    > >

    > You guys are unbelievable...
    > If they had done the Canon thing and released a faulty product just "keep
    > faith" with you lamers, you'd have screamed long and loud about a dud
    > product. They didn't. They saw fit to fix whatever it is that makes it
    > unstable/not work or whatever and hold off releasing the product until they
    > are good and ready. Congratulation, I say.
    >
    > Doug

    I can't try this program out, since they don't have a version for
    Sigmas, but maybe it would work for some of you Canon and Nikon users.
    It has a RAW converter and modules available for correcting image
    distortion based on which lens you used. The web page looks impressive
    (ooohh...), which you can't say for many of the converter programs out
    there.

    http://www.dolabs.com/en/photo/home/default.php

    If any of you seem really impressed, let me know, and I'll try to press
    them for a Sigma version.
    --
    Petros
    Ap' ola prin ipirche o Logos

    Petros, Jan 5, 2005
  8. Petros wrote:

    > I can't try this program out, since they don't have a version for
    > Sigmas, but maybe it would work for some of you Canon and Nikon users.
    > It has a RAW converter and modules available for correcting image
    > distortion based on which lens you used. The web page looks impressive
    > (ooohh...), which you can't say for many of the converter programs out
    > there.
    >
    > http://www.dolabs.com/en/photo/home/default.php
    >

    > If any of you seem really impressed, let me know, and I'll try to press
    > them for a Sigma version.

    Petros...
    You are a source of rare and valuable information with this link. I
    downloaded the trial and all I can say is:... Impressive in the extreme!

    Anyone waiting for Capture one to get off their butt is going to be
    sorry they waited and not taken this solution instead. Absolutely
    magnificent stuff. I ran batches of 4 photos through several of their
    trials (they only let you trial one lens/camera at a time and limit it
    to 4 in a batch. I bought the program and several modules based on the
    results.

    20Ds are pretty good with noise at high ISO but not as good as they
    could be. This program apart from correcting some lens flaws, slight
    over exposure and the lighting also took out 90% of the 1600 ISO noise.
    Very impressive.

    I got some D70 files at 400 ISO that are as badly noised as it gets. No
    problems for this program to not only correct some chromatic aberrations
    I didn't see but do a fantastic noise removal during conversion too.

    All I can say Petros, is thank you!
    Your SD9 will surely benefit if you can get them to put a version out
    for it. For me? I'm in awe of the mathematicians who produced it.
    Capture one? Goodbye... All gone!

    JD.

    James Douglas, Jan 6, 2005
  9. Maybe Phase One will DO THE RIGHT THING with the release of Windows 3.6
    version on January 15:

    Given the many delays and disappointments caused by the folks at Phase One,
    here are recommendations for the Windows 3.6 LE edition due out in just
    about 10 days:

    1) Up the limit on the number of photos that can be processed from 20 to
    100.

    2) Exif data finally displayed correctly and completely for all cameras.

    3) Straighten out the convoluted licensing process.

    4) Make beta copies of all future editions available for registered users to
    help pinpoint the many bugs that seem to slip through the net when an
    edition is finally released.

    5) Give a raise/bonus to Michael Tapes over at rawworkflow.com for all the
    heartache he had to endure from pesky users like me anxiously awaiting and
    then being disappointmented by software that never materialized on time. God
    knows he deserves it!

    Come on Phase One:

    "GET WITH THE PROGRAM"

    More here:

    http://www.voy.com/189989/

    Chester Fields, Jan 6, 2005
  10. Harry J

    Petros Guest

    James Douglas posted:
    > Petros wrote:
    >
    > > I can't try this program out, since they don't have a version for
    > > Sigmas, but maybe it would work for some of you Canon and Nikon users.
    > > It has a RAW converter and modules available for correcting image
    > > distortion based on which lens you used. The web page looks impressive
    > > (ooohh...), which you can't say for many of the converter programs out
    > > there.
    > >
    > > http://www.dolabs.com/en/photo/home/default.php
    > >

    > > If any of you seem really impressed, let me know, and I'll try to press
    > > them for a Sigma version.

    > Petros...
    > You are a source of rare and valuable information with this link. I
    > downloaded the trial and all I can say is:... Impressive in the extreme!
    >
    > Anyone waiting for Capture one to get off their butt is going to be
    > sorry they waited and not taken this solution instead. Absolutely
    > magnificent stuff. I ran batches of 4 photos through several of their
    > trials (they only let you trial one lens/camera at a time and limit it
    > to 4 in a batch. I bought the program and several modules based on the
    > results.
    >
    > 20Ds are pretty good with noise at high ISO but not as good as they
    > could be. This program apart from correcting some lens flaws, slight
    > over exposure and the lighting also took out 90% of the 1600 ISO noise.
    > Very impressive.
    >
    > I got some D70 files at 400 ISO that are as badly noised as it gets. No
    > problems for this program to not only correct some chromatic aberrations
    > I didn't see but do a fantastic noise removal during conversion too.
    >
    > All I can say Petros, is thank you!
    > Your SD9 will surely benefit if you can get them to put a version out
    > for it. For me? I'm in awe of the mathematicians who produced it.
    > Capture one? Goodbye... All gone!
    >
    > JD.

    Always a pleasure to help :)
    --
    Petros
    Ap' ola prin ipirche o Logos

    Petros, Jan 6, 2005
  11. Harry J

    f-stop Guest

    Looks more and more like the end of the month or early February--- the
    "signs" are starting to appear:

    from the rawworkflow website:

    "official date os now Mid-Jan, which means we are closing in on a release
    candidate. When we are pleased with the quality and stability we will
    release. I would expect between the 15th and the end of the month, but that
    is just my best guess.
    __________________
    Michael Tapes
    Capture One Senior Software Consultant
    Owner RawWorkflow.com"

    f-stop, Jan 6, 2005
  12. Harry J

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:43:56 +1000, in rec.photo.digital James Douglas
    <> wrote:

    >Petros...
    >You are a source of rare and valuable information with this link. I
    >downloaded the trial and all I can say is:... Impressive in the extreme!

    Really? I find the interface very unituitive. You also can not just
    get the raw engine you must purchase a camera body and at least one
    lens module as well. If your image was taken with a different lens,
    then you just have the raw conversion to work with. Other than running
    there corrections there appears to be no additional control over
    anything. Even the free version of the Nikon Editor has more control
    of brightness, contrast and colors.

    > (they only let you trial one lens/camera at a time and limit it
    >to 4 in a batch.

    Hmm haven't tried but two so far. The demo is limited to 21days and
    thirty sessions. I just started using it, but am not overwhelmed like
    you. In fact the correction for the kit lens seems to have possibly
    increased barrel distortion in one image I processed. I need to check
    this against a shot of a brick wall or some graph paper.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Jan 7, 2005