capture movie frame?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi folks

    Hoping you can help.

    O/s winXP

    I have a music video that i am trying to break down.
    I can split it in to movie "clips" but i want to break it down even further.
    I would like to be able to split it down into individual frames and those
    frames i then want to be able to save.

    I have Nero and microsoft movie maker but i can find nothing there that
    looks like it can help.

    Any ideas what programme i should be using ?????????

    As always, many thanks

    anOLDun, Mar 16, 2006

  2. anOLDun

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "anOLDun" <> wrote in

    > Hi folks
    >
    > Hoping you can help.
    >
    > O/s winXP
    >
    > I have a music video that i am trying to break down.
    > I can split it in to movie "clips" but i want to break it down even
    > further. I would like to be able to split it down into individual
    > frames and those frames i then want to be able to save.
    >

    > I have Nero and microsoft movie maker but i can find nothing there
    > that looks like it can help.
    >
    > Any ideas what programme i should be using ?????????
    >
    > As always, many thanks

    If the file is an .avi, Virtual Dub can save a *sequence of images* as
    bmp, tga or jpg.

    http://www.virtualdub.org/index

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Mar 16, 2006

  3. anOLDun

    TJ Guest

    anOLDun wrote:

    > Hi folks
    >
    > Hoping you can help.
    >
    > O/s winXP
    >
    > I have a music video that i am trying to break down.
    > I can split it in to movie "clips" but i want to break it down even
    > further. I would like to be able to split it down into individual
    > frames and those frames i then want to be able to save.
    >

    > I have Nero and microsoft movie maker

    <snip>

    Assuming you mean Windows Movie Maker, and also assuming you have version
    2.1 of the aforementioned;

    Right next to the "Split Clips" tool in the preview window, you'll find the
    "Take Picture" tool.

    Drag the clip onto the storyboard, play/nudge it to the frame you want (use
    the next/previous frame buttons to zero-in) and click "Take Picture". Save
    it.
    TJ, Mar 16, 2006
  4. anOLDun

    Trax Guest

    "anOLDun" <> wrote:

    |>Hi folks
    |>
    |>Hoping you can help.
    |>
    |>O/s winXP
    |>
    |>I have a music video that i am trying to break down.
    |>I can split it in to movie "clips" but i want to break it down even further.
    |>I would like to be able to split it down into individual frames and those
    |>frames i then want to be able to save.
    |>

    |>I have Nero and microsoft movie maker but i can find nothing there that
    |>looks like it can help.
    |>
    |>Any ideas what programme i should be using ?????????

    Depending upon the format Irfanview will split a video file into
    separate frames.
    http://www.irfanview.com/ be sure to install the plugins.

    --
    The Abu Ghraib files