Capture Card and Software Advice

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Scott, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I know you get ask these questions repeatedly, but I would be grateful for
    some good advice or direction. I want to buy a capture card (reasonably
    priced). I only want to get quality as good as seen on a 32" TV played on
    the original 8mm cassette. Also, could you recommend capture software as
    well. The software that came with my burner (Sonic MyDVD) seems to lose
    light or contrast. The capture looks darker than the original. I'd like
    to avoid this is possible.

    I have some old 8mm tapes that I want to put on DVD. I have a LiteOn 4x DVD
    recorder and firewire port. But I need to capture the audio/video from
    component I/O. I considered taping from the old 8mm to miniDV and then
    capturing via the firewire port. But I'm afraid I might lose some quality
    dubbing from one camcorder to the other. Besides, I want to use the capture
    card to get video off my Tivo and burn to DVD as well.

    Sorry for the long post. Advise much appreciated.

    Scott
    Please Remove the "_remove_" from my email address should you reply
    directly.
    Scott, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Scott

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Scott, says...
    > I want to buy a capture card (reasonably
    > priced). I only want to get quality as good as seen on a 32" TV played on
    > the original 8mm cassette. Also, could you recommend capture software as
    > well. The software that came with my burner (Sonic MyDVD) seems to lose
    > light or contrast. The capture looks darker than the original. I'd like
    > to avoid this is possible.

    Wrong newsgroup. Try rec.video.desktop
    Mark Spatny, Apr 18, 2004