    Toshiba thing?

    Or did I simply rent a defective disk?

    Paula C.
    Paula C., Mar 26, 2006

  2. Paula C.

    Stan Brown Guest

    Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:35:18 GMT from Paula C. <nospamever2006
    @neverspam.org>:
    > I rented a DVD copy of Capote yesterday and it won't play on my Toshiba
    > SD-5970. It stalls or hangs right at the end of the copy warning notices
    > while showing the 4 second long "conversations disclaimer." It's not
    > hanging in my old backup DVD player, but absolutely refuses to play in the
    > Toshiba. All other DVDs I've tested play fine in the Toshiba.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem with Capote? Or with the Toshiba SD-5970?

    Capote played fine in my Sony player.

    You could very well have a bad copy, or perhaps your player is
    starting to go bad? When my Hitachi went bad, the warning was trouble
    playing one disk, then gradually more and more frequently till it
    wouldn't play any.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Mar 26, 2006

  3. Paula C.

    Guest

    Paula C. wrote:
    > I rented a DVD copy of Capote yesterday and it won't play on my Toshiba
    > SD-5970. It stalls or hangs right at the end of the copy warning notices
    > while showing the 4 second long "conversations disclaimer." It's not
    > hanging in my old backup DVD player, but absolutely refuses to play in the
    > Toshiba. All other DVDs I've tested play fine in the Toshiba.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem with Capote? Or with the Toshiba SD-5970?
    >
    > Is this another Sony DVD copy protection bug? Or some other Sony vs.
    > Toshiba thing?
    >
    > Or did I simply rent a defective disk?
    >
    > Paula C.

    I'm finding the same. My rented copy didn't play on my laptop, but
    does play on my set-top DVD player: however, it does jump in a couple
    of places towards the end. Seems it's badly pressed. Think I might
    ask Blockbuster for a fresh copy....
    , Mar 28, 2006