    Or must it be a Type 1?

    Suggestions please.

    Mel
    MB_, Oct 19, 2004

  2. MB_

    Mr Jessop Guest

    "MB_" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok another question from this newbie who just bought the Canon A75.
    >
    > It comes with a 32m. CF card.
    >
    > I assume that if I want to go on vacation and store say 75-120 routine
    > shots that it will not all fit on one card.
    >
    > If so, then I should probably buy say a 256 mb card? Is this true??
    >
    > If so, what recommendations do you have? I would like to look on EBAY to
    > see what is available, but I'm not sure what to look for. Will any CF Card
    > do?? Or must it be a Type 1?
    >
    > Suggestions please.
    >
    > Mel

    most type ii cards are the very high capacities and the microdrives. a 3mp
    camera uses roughly 1mb per picture. depending on the level of compression
    used. 3mp is sufficient for 10x8 prints at your typical digital mini lab.
    Mr Jessop, Oct 21, 2004

  3. MB_

    Leon Pillich Guest

    Hi,

    You will need Type I cards. I would suggest getting one or more 256MB
    cards. I have one 256MB card and two 128MB cards. In total I can store
    more than 500 pictures on these.

    I would not bother looking on Ebay. Just buy a decent brand, like
    Kingston, Sandisk, Fuji, Lexar etc. on-line. Numerous sites should be
    able to point out the lowest price. You should be able to get a 256MB
    card for around $35 I guess (they sell for EUR 30 in the Netherlands).

    Leon

    Leon Pillich, Oct 25, 2004