    and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    polarity, building up on each plate.

    http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/capacitor.html
    swapu, Dec 25, 2008

  2. swapu

    Guest

    "swapu" <> wrote in message news:
    >A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
    > in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
    > The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
    > and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    > polarity, building up on each plate.
    >
    > http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/capacitor.html

    But...., what about my "Flux Capacitors"?
    , Dec 25, 2008

  3. swapu

    Don Stauffer Guest

    swapu wrote:
    > A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
    > in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
    > The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
    > and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    > polarity, building up on each plate.
    >
    > http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/capacitor.html

    And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?
    Don Stauffer, Dec 25, 2008
  4. swapu

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Dec 25, 10:03 am, swapu <> wrote:
    > A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
    > in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
    > The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
    > and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    > polarity, building up on each plate.

    So is the final exam going to be an open-book test?

    --
    YOP...
    Nervous Nick, Dec 25, 2008
  5. On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:31:21 -0600, Don Stauffer wrote:
    > swapu wrote:
    >> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
    >> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
    >> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
    >> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    >> polarity, building up on each plate.
    >>
    >> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/capacitor.html

    > And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?

    This google grouper spammer/troll dropped this turdlet into a couple
    of other ng's, too.
    Allodoxaphobia, Dec 25, 2008
  6. swapu

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Don Stauffer wrote:
    > swapu wrote:
    >> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
    >> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
    >> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
    >> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    >> polarity, building up on each plate.
    >>
    >> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/capacitor.html

    > And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?

    He's hoping someone here can figure out how to store pixels in place of
    those electrical charges. Since they could only be +ve or -ve, I'm
    afraid we would be back to b&w.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Dec 26, 2008
  7. swapu

    \(.\)\(.\) Guest

    Hey Einstein, it's called a "condenser" not a capacitor

    duh...
    \(.\)\(.\), Dec 26, 2008
  8. swapu

    J. Clarke Guest

    (.)(.) wrote:
    > Hey Einstein, it's called a "condenser" not a capacitor
    >
    > duh...

    Hey, Brainiac, a "condenser" is part of a steam power system or an air
    conditioner.

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
    J. Clarke, Dec 26, 2008
  9. swapu

    \(.\)\(.\) Guest

    "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > (.)(.) wrote:
    >> Hey Einstein, it's called a "condenser" not a capacitor
    >>
    >> duh...

    > Hey, Brainiac, a "condenser" is part of a steam power system or an air
    > conditioner.

    Listen up dipwad, git yo head out yo ass fool!

    "A direct current, high voltage generator is disclosed in which electric
    power is produced by repeated condenser changes. In various embodiments of
    the basic electric circuitry, the required condenser change is effected by
    various methods, including, especially in the principal embodiment, the
    method of condenser change by radiation-variable condensers the dielectric
    material of which is uniquely a non-photoconducting material. This generator
    is distinctive in two basic ways, namely in that it is a complete d.c.
    generator without an iron core transformer not merely a voltage augmentor
    and secondly in that the light-variable dielectric material is different
    from that of prior art generators."

    There is no shortage of intellectual stupidity around here... gah....
    \(.\)\(.\), Dec 27, 2008
  10. Dave Cohen wrote:
    > Don Stauffer wrote:
    >> swapu wrote:
    >>> A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
    >>> in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
    >>> The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
    >>> and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    >>> polarity, building up on each plate.
    >>>
    >>> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/capacitor.html

    >> And the reason you posted that gem of knowledge?

    > He's hoping someone here can figure out how to store pixels in place of
    > those electrical charges. Since they could only be +ve or -ve, I'm
    > afraid we would be back to b&w.
    > Dave Cohen

    You do know that CMOS and CDC's do not store color. They only store a
    charge that is proportional to brightness. The color information comes
    from the colored filter that is over each pixel. The trick is the camera
    or RAW converter has to know what filter is over what pixel to properly
    assign a color to that pixel.

    So we all start out in black & white and it's amazing that it works so well.

    John Passaneau
    John Passaneau, Dec 27, 2008
  11. John Navas wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:36:36 -0500, John Passaneau <>
    > wrote in <gj47s6$mk44$>:
    >
    >> You do know that CMOS and CDC's do not store color.

    > <quibble> That should be CCD's. </quibble>

    I wondered if anyone would catch that, you win....

    John Passaneau
    John Passaneau, Dec 28, 2008
  12. swapu

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 02:22:20 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:

    >> Hey Einstein, it's called a "condenser" not a capacitor
    >>
    >> duh...

    > Hey, Brainiac, a "condenser" is part of a steam power system or an air
    > conditioner.

    Be kind. He just lost it briefly and Leyden egg, which should be
    safely in the jar by now.
    ASAAR, Dec 28, 2008
  13. swapu

    Alan Meyer Guest

    swapu wrote:
    > A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
    > in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
    > The process of storing energy in the capacitor is known as "charging",
    > and involves electric charges of equal magnitude, but opposite
    > polarity, building up on each plate.
    >
    > http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/capacitor.html

    One of the things we see more and more of on the Internet is
    spammers who plagiarize pages from other websites, put the stolen
    text on their own website or blog (always without attribution),
    and fill it with Google ads. By copying good text from elsewhere
    they are presumably able to get around Google's rule that
    requires a Google "adsense" provider to display significant
    content and not just Google ads.

    The information on "swapu's" (or whatever his real name is)
    blog page isn't so bad, but it isn't swapu's information. If
    you search on phrases from the text you'll find they come
    from other sources. Who knows if swapu really even knows
    what a capacitor is.

    Have a look at swapu's blog if you like but be sure NOT to
    click on any of his Google ads. You certainly don't want him
    to make any pennies from this disgusting behavior.

    Alan
    Alan Meyer, Dec 28, 2008