    I know he posts because others reply.
    Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    thanks........

    miss calm, Feb 28, 2004

  2. miss calm

    Paul - xxx Guest

    miss calm posted ...

    > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster
    > on a newsgroup I follow.
    >
    > I know he posts because others reply.
    > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > thanks........

    Have you kill-filed the poster ?

    Tools - Message Rules - Blocked Senders List ..

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Feb 28, 2004

  3. miss calm

    anthonyberet Guest

    miss calm wrote:
    > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster
    > on a newsgroup I follow.
    >
    > I know he posts because others reply.
    > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > thanks........

    Check you haven't blocked the poster.
    Go to Tools>message rules>blocked sender list and see.
    It might be that the sender's postings are not propagating from his server
    to yours, though this is pretty unusual.

    anthonyberet, Feb 28, 2004
  4. miss calm

    Ionizer Guest

    "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster on a
    > newsgroup I follow.
    >
    > I know he posts because others reply.
    > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > thanks........

    Have a look in Tools|Message Rules|Blocked senders list. You may have
    accidentally blocked that poster.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Feb 28, 2004
  5. miss calm

    trout Guest

    miss calm wrote:

    > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster
    > on a newsgroup I follow.
    >
    > I know he posts because others reply.
    > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > thanks........

    Any chance you've killfiled him? Check Tools; Message Rules; Blocked
    senders list.
    --
    "Most often-seen reason."

    trout, Feb 28, 2004
  6. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message
    > miss calm posted ...
    >
    > > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster
    > > on a newsgroup I follow.
    > >
    > > I know he posts because others reply.
    > > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > > thanks........

    > Have you kill-filed the poster ?
    >
    > Tools - Message Rules - Blocked Senders List ..
    >
    > --
    > Paul
    >
    > (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    No Paul.......thats not it.

    miss calm, Feb 28, 2004
  7. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    > miss calm wrote:
    > > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster
    > > on a newsgroup I follow.
    > >
    > > I know he posts because others reply.
    > > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > > thanks........

    > Check you haven't blocked the poster.
    > Go to Tools>message rules>blocked sender list and see.
    > It might be that the sender's postings are not propagating from his server
    > to yours, though this is pretty unusual.

    Nope anthonyberet.........not blocked.

    miss calm, Feb 28, 2004
  8. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster on

    > > newsgroup I follow.
    > >
    > > I know he posts because others reply.
    > > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > > thanks........

    > Have a look in Tools|Message Rules|Blocked senders list. You may have
    > accidentally blocked that poster.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

    thanks Ian..........nope, its not that.....

    miss calm, Feb 28, 2004
  9. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > miss calm wrote:
    >
    > > For some reason I cannot see the posts of only one particular poster
    > > on a newsgroup I follow.
    > >
    > > I know he posts because others reply.
    > > Is there some reason for this?........(not a cross-posting issue btw)
    > > thanks........

    > Any chance you've killfiled him? Check Tools; Message Rules; Blocked
    > senders list.
    > --
    > "Most often-seen reason."

    Nope trout.........must be something else.

    miss calm, Feb 28, 2004
  10. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    If I have not blocked him could he have blocked me accidentally?.........I
    wouldn't ask him.

    miss calm, Feb 28, 2004
  11. miss calm

    trout Guest

    miss calm wrote:

    > If I have not blocked him could he have blocked me
    > accidentally?.........I wouldn't ask him.

    No, it doesn't work that way. He would have no control over what you
    see on Usenet. I forgot to ask if you might have otherwise created a
    Message Rule for News that could affect his posts.
    Otherwise, it could be something going on with your news-server. His
    posts may not propagate well from 'his to yours', or the server you use
    could be blocking them for some reason: like HTML or binaries in a
    plain-text group, or a blocked server that's been blacklisted for spam,
    open relays, etc.
    What you *could* do is have a look at one of his posts. Look him up
    by his address and the group in:
    (assuming that he allows archiving of his posts)
    Once you find a post, you can click on "Original Format"; giving you
    the message headers, and maybe a clue about why he's invisible to you.
    --
    "Depends how curious you *are*, I guess."

    trout, Feb 28, 2004
  12. miss calm wrote:
    > If I have not blocked him could he have blocked me accidentally?.........I
    > wouldn't ask him.

    If he blocks you, he won't see *your* posts, but you should still see his.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Beer!!11!! The staff of life.

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 28, 2004
  13. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > miss calm wrote:
    > > If I have not blocked him could he have blocked me

    accidentally?.........I
    > > wouldn't ask him.
    > >

    > If he blocks you, he won't see *your* posts, but you should still see his.

    I dont think he would have.........very odd

    miss calm, Feb 29, 2004
  14. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > miss calm wrote:
    >
    > > If I have not blocked him could he have blocked me
    > > accidentally?.........I wouldn't ask him.

    > No, it doesn't work that way. He would have no control over what you
    > see on Usenet. I forgot to ask if you might have otherwise created a
    > Message Rule for News that could affect his posts.
    > Otherwise, it could be something going on with your news-server. His
    > posts may not propagate well from 'his to yours', or the server you use
    > could be blocking them for some reason: like HTML or binaries in a
    > plain-text group, or a blocked server that's been blacklisted for spam,
    > open relays, etc.
    > What you *could* do is have a look at one of his posts. Look him up
    > by his address and the group in:
    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    > (assuming that he allows archiving of his posts)
    > Once you find a post, you can click on "Original Format"; giving you
    > the message headers, and maybe a clue about why he's invisible to you.
    > --
    > "Depends how curious you *are*, I guess."

    I'll do that trout thanks :)

    miss calm, Feb 29, 2004
  15. miss calm

    DC Guest