    no difference at all.
    Thanks for any advice.
    MegP

    Meg, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Meg

    jda Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:15:37 +0000, Meg wrote:

    > Hi, why am I not able to view some images in my emails, all I can get is a
    > small box with a red cross in the corner.This also happens with some web
    > site images.I read in a pc magazine that it was something to do with having
    > too many temporary files on the hard drive,but clearing the temp files made
    > no difference at all.
    > Thanks for any advice.
    > MegP

    Try to go to go to °Mike°'s Basic computer maintenance
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html It will give you some
    tricks on how to clean out all off the old junk.
    Jakob

    jda, Jul 9, 2004

  3. jda wrote:
    >> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:15:37 +0000, Meg wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi, why am I not able to view some images in my emails, all I can
    >>> get is a small box with a red cross in the corner.This also happens
    >>> with some web site images.I read in a pc magazine that it was
    >>> something to do with having too many temporary files on the hard
    >>> drive,but clearing the temp files made no difference at all.
    >>> Thanks for any advice.
    >>> MegP

    >> Try to go to go to °Mike°'s Basic computer maintenance
    >> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html It will give you
    >> some tricks on how to clean out all off the old junk.
    >> Jakob

    Should be named °Mike°'s Basic web design failure.

    Rt. Hon. Stephen Taggart-Hendry Esq., Jul 9, 2004
  4. Meg

    Boomer Guest

    "Meg" <> wrote:

    > Hi, why am I not able to view some images in my emails, all I
    > can get is a small box with a red cross in the corner.This also
    > happens with some web site images.I read in a pc magazine that
    > it was something to do with having too many temporary files on
    > the hard drive,but clearing the temp files made no difference at
    > all. Thanks for any advice.
    > MegP

    Hi

    Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express

    New Window is Blank or Nothing Happens When You Click a Link
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281679

    Web Page Displays an Image As a Red X or Not at All
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    us;Q283807

    More at: http://www.google.com/microsoft.html

    HTH

    Boomer, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Meg

    MsyJsy Guest

    From Outlook click on the tool's menu,,, options,,, security,,, UNCHECK the
    box that says "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
    potentially be a virus.
    With this box checked you will see practically nothing except text.
    --
    MsyJsy

    MsyJsy, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Meg

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure that the sender has 'Send pictures with messages'
    set in Tools / Options / Send / HTML Settings.

    Make sure that the full path to the image/s are correct
    in the message source (View / Source).

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:15:37 GMT, in
    <t7vHc.13131$>
    Meg scrawled:

    --