    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Jim Cate
    JimC, Apr 9, 2008

  2. JimC wrote:
    > I prefer to use "news.yahoo.com" as a browser home page, since it has a
    > number of news categories a in convenient paragraph form. Often FireFox
    > will permit me to open this yahoo news page initially, but when I try to
    > get back to it from another site (by clicking on "Home" or clicking the
    > reverse arrow), Firefox reverts to a series of pages of text (with the
    > same news.yahoo web address) with links to the various news categories.
    > There are about ten pages of text, which are much more difficult to scan
    > through than the origianl news.yahoo.com page. I have tried all the
    > options that might cure the problem (reverse arrow, view, file, edit,
    > tools, options, etc., but I can't seem to resolve this problem.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim Cate

    empty the cache and the cookies. Did this work?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 9, 2008

  3. JimC

    JimC Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > JimC wrote:
    >
    >> I prefer to use "news.yahoo.com" as a browser home page, since it has
    >> a number of news categories a in convenient paragraph form. Often
    >> FireFox will permit me to open this yahoo news page initially, but
    >> when I try to get back to it from another site (by clicking on "Home"
    >> or clicking the reverse arrow), Firefox reverts to a series of pages
    >> of text (with the same news.yahoo web address) with links to the
    >> various news categories. There are about ten pages of text, which are
    >> much more difficult to scan through than the origianl news.yahoo.com
    >> page. I have tried all the options that might cure the problem
    >> (reverse arrow, view, file, edit, tools, options, etc., but I can't
    >> seem to resolve this problem.
    >>
    >> What am I doing wrong?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Jim Cate

    > empty the cache and the cookies. Did this work?

    I think it did work. However, that seems like a lot of hassle to get
    back to my chosen home page.

    Jim
    JimC, Apr 10, 2008
  4. On 2008-04-10, JimC <> wrote:

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> empty the cache and the cookies. Did this work?

    > I think it did work. However, that seems like a lot of hassle to get
    > back to my chosen home page.

    Now that you have it working the way you want, you may want to install a
    cookie manager add-on to protect the settings cookies associated with
    that site.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Apr 10, 2008