    error and the system has to restart. the brand of memory i'm using is
    Corsair. is their a certain way to set it up to use duel channel in x64? the
    memory worked fine on 32 bit windows pro. thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=, Aug 24, 2005

  2. There are no differences in how memory is setup or configured. It's possible
    that something has gone south on one of your memory modules -- it certainly
    sounds like it. I'd definitely contact Corsair, who may well have a testing
    application. And they should certainly stand behind their memory without
    issues.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005

  3. i'll try to contact corsair, i was hoping there would be a quick fix, but i
    guess not :(
    By the way, thanks, reading your posts helped me get all the problems i had
    with my drivers squared away.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=, Aug 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "rob" <> wrote in message
    > hi, i've been having problems getting windows x64 to run with my duel
    > channel
    > memory. i've been messing around forever thinking it was a problem with
    > drivers, but when i switched to my old memory stick it seems to work fine.
    > with the duel channel momory i get into windows but a while later i'll get
    > an
    > error and the system has to restart. the brand of memory i'm using is
    > Corsair. is their a certain way to set it up to use duel channel in x64?
    > the
    > memory worked fine on 32 bit windows pro. thanks.

    Minor gripe here...

    It's *DUAL* channel (as in two channels), not Duel channel (as in a staged
    gunfight).

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Glad to help. If you can't find a test application on the corsair site, you
    could try this: http://www.memtest86.com/ -- haven't used it, but others
    here have reported well on it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    warpsix Guest

    rob wrote:
    > i'll try to contact corsair, i was hoping there would be a quick fix, but i
    > guess not :(
    > By the way, thanks, reading your posts helped me get all the problems i had
    > with my drivers squared away.
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >

    >>There are no differences in how memory is setup or configured. It's possible
    >>that something has gone south on one of your memory modules -- it certainly
    >>sounds like it. I'd definitely contact Corsair, who may well have a testing
    >>application. And they should certainly stand behind their memory without
    >>issues.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Charlie.
    >>http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >>rob wrote:
    >>
    >>>hi, i've been having problems getting windows x64 to run with my duel
    >>>channel memory. i've been messing around forever thinking it was a
    >>>problem with drivers, but when i switched to my old memory stick it seems
    >>>to work fine. with the duel channel momory i get into windows but a while
    >>>later i'll get an error and the system has to restart. the brand of
    >>>memory i'm using is Corsair. is their a certain way to set it up to use
    >>>duel channel in x64? the memory worked fine on 32 bit windows pro. thanks.

    When i got my a8v i had a issue with lossing video when i placed the 2nd
    stick into the 2nd blue slot
    i replaced the stick and it worked fine.strange thing the bad stick
    would work in the 1st black slot but windows would not see it is dual
    channel
    warpsix, Aug 24, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > "rob" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>hi, i've been having problems getting windows x64 to run with my duel
    >>channel
    >>memory. i've been messing around forever thinking it was a problem with
    >>drivers, but when i switched to my old memory stick it seems to work fine.
    >>with the duel channel momory i get into windows but a while later i'll get
    >>an
    >>error and the system has to restart. the brand of memory i'm using is
    >>Corsair. is their a certain way to set it up to use duel channel in x64?
    >>the
    >>memory worked fine on 32 bit windows pro. thanks.

    > Minor gripe here...
    >
    > It's *DUAL* channel (as in two channels), not Duel channel (as in a staged
    > gunfight).
    >
    > Bobby

    Who woke-up the spell check monster again? Also NoNoBadDog won't pass
    spell check either without adding it to the custom dictionary.
    Dennis Pack, Aug 24, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Dennis Pack, Aug 24, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Dennis Pack wrote:
    > Who woke-up the spell check monster again? Also NoNoBadDog won't pass spell
    > check either without adding it to the custom dictionary.
    >

    > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"rob" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>hi, i've been having problems getting windows x64 to run with my duel
    >>>channel
    >>>memory. i've been messing around forever thinking it was a problem with
    >>>drivers, but when i switched to my old memory stick it seems to work
    >>>fine.
    >>>with the duel channel momory i get into windows but a while later i'll
    >>>get an
    >>>error and the system has to restart. the brand of memory i'm using is
    >>>Corsair. is their a certain way to set it up to use duel channel in x64?
    >>>the
    >>>memory worked fine on 32 bit windows pro. thanks.

    >>Minor gripe here...
    >>
    >>It's *DUAL* channel (as in two channels), not Duel channel (as in a staged
    >>gunfight).
    >>
    >>Bobby

    Sorry for the double post. I'm playing with Thunderbird and OE.
    Dennis Pack, Aug 24, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I don't know on the BIOS for the Via chipset, but on the Nvidia chipset
    during POST when it counts the memory, it shows whether it is operating as
    dual channel memory. Nothing to do with the OS as Charlie stated. Do the
    test he suggested. Make sure you have the memory in the correct slots to
    work as dual memory.

    John Barnes, Aug 24, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    A HO Guest

    Hey

    I have the same MB and same memory...AND had the same problem when puting it
    together at first!!

    A simple bios upgrade did the trick....

    A HO, Aug 24, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    Ted Guest

    Some motherboards require that you remove the Video card
    before moving memory sticks around.

    Ted, Aug 24, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, just to let you all know that the latest A8V bios, 1014, doesn't
    actually show whether, or whether not, the memory chips are running in dual
    channel. The only way to make sure is to use either CPU-Z or Everest......
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Aug 24, 2005