Can't upgrade Windows XP Why?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ARADURS, May 21, 2006.

  1. ARADURS

    ARADURS Guest

    Just noticed...although I have automatic updates on zero updates since last
    year!

    So tried to do this manually...

    Says checking computer has the latest version...click Express or Custom
    I click Express
    Says checking on latest updates...
    hen says Files required to windows update are no longer registered or
    installed on your computer..
    ....to continue click Register or reinstall files (recommended)
    So clicked this...
    Says downloading the latest updating software
    ...then get the choice of clicking Express or Custom buttons again!!

    Seems to be in a loop.

    Any advice please?

    Thanks. Dave

    ARADURS, May 21, 2006

  2. ARADURS

    ARADURS Guest

    Ok now...did this....
    .... Click start/run, type REGSVR32 MSXML3.DLL and click ok. Got a
    message about the file being successfully registered. Then retried the
    update
    site....success!
    --------

    ARADURS, May 21, 2006

  3. ARADURS

    Barney Guest

    "ARADURS" <DS@NOMAIL> wrote in news::

    > Ok now...did this....
    > ... Click start/run, type REGSVR32 MSXML3.DLL and click ok. Got a
    > message about the file being successfully registered. Then retried the
    > update
    > site....success!
    > --------
    > "ARADURS" <DS@NOMAIL> wrote in message
    >> Just noticed...although I have automatic updates on zero updates
    >> since last
    >> year!
    >>
    >> So tried to do this manually...
    >>
    >> Says checking computer has the latest version...click Express or
    >> Custom I click Express
    >> Says checking on latest updates...
    >> hen says Files required to windows update are no longer registered or
    >> installed on your computer..
    >> ...to continue click Register or reinstall files (recommended)
    >> So clicked this...
    >> Says downloading the latest updating software
    >> ..then get the choice of clicking Express or Custom buttons again!!
    >>
    >> Seems to be in a loop.
    >>
    >> Any advice please?
    >>
    >> Thanks. Dave
    >> ..

    Thank's for cluing us in. That is information worth keeping and
    appreciate you came back with the solution.

    --
    "Expect less from life and get more from it"

    Barney, May 21, 2006