    same errors.

    Is there some registry tweaking that I need to do at this point to get rid
    of it? I'm using Windows 2000, by the way.

    Ouch!!!, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Open windows explorer and remove it from there.

    Lonnie

    http://e-instantwealth.com

    Lonnie Amirault, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Ouch!!!

    trout Guest

    Lonnie Amirault wrote:

    > Open windows explorer and remove it from there.
    >
    > Lonnie
    >
    > http://e-instantspam.com

    Are you planning on offering a *lot* of dumb advice, in order to
    spam-vertize your scam-site?
    --
    "I'd reconsider that idea."

    trout, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Ouch!!!

    Ouch!!! Guest

    "JOHNNY O." <> wrote in message

    > "Ouch!!!" <> wrote in message
    > > A roommate installed Weatherbug on my computer without my permission,

    and
    > > now I can't get rid of it!!
    > >
    > > I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs, and I got errors

    saying
    > > it couldn't be done. I installed it again, then tried uninstalling it -
    > > same errors.
    > >
    > > Is there some registry tweaking that I need to do at this point to get

    rid
    > > of it? I'm using Windows 2000, by the way.
    > >

    > OUCH: bring live weatherbug up on the screen. in top left corner click

    on
    > arrow. select "disable live weatherbug". exit weatherbug. click start,
    > click run, type in or select "msconfig". click on start-up. scroll down

    > weatherbug and uncheck it. exit .out of there. click on start, click on
    > control panel, click on add/remove option. scroll down to weatherbug and
    > click on change/remove. wait for uninstall to happen. restart computer.
    >
    > johnny o.

    I gave it a shot, but still no go. I dunno if Windows 2000 is supposed to
    come with msconfig or not; mine doesn't have it. But I'm still not able to
    get it off my PC. I don't know what else to try, outside of tweaking the
    registry. Helllp!!!

    Ouch!!!, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Ouch!!!

    Billh Guest

    Win 2000 does not have msconfig.

    But if you want it find a computer with xp or 98 and copy the file over it
    will run and let you disable startup items.

    Billh, Jul 9, 2003
  6. Ouch!!!

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:47:34 -0400, Billh wrote:

    >Win 2000 does not have msconfig.
    >
    >But if you want it find a computer with xp or 98 and copy the file over it
    >will run and let you disable startup items.

    Why go to the trouble when you can download this?

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    "It works perfectly."

    <snip>

    --
    "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
    -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

    Mara, Jul 9, 2003