    Thanks
    Digger

    , Aug 6, 2007

  2. Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >Suffice it say that I got hooked on Google Earth. Two days ago, my
    >login gets blocked by a popup saying that I first have to download and
    >run their Updater software. The Updater then triggers a 4 hour
    >download/install, after which, the unsettling pronouncement that it
    >can't do the installation until the older version is uninstalled.
    >
    >There is no uninstall subroutine so I try running the Windows
    >Uninstall software and, again, nothing budges.
    >
    >The only option I see left is to do a PROGRAM WIPE using Symantic's
    >SYSTEM WORKS. But something tells me that this could lead to
    >problems since it isn't a true uninstall.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    Click the uninstall in the Program files/Google Earth
    or

    Start | Run <type in>
    "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation
    Information\{3DE5E7D4-7B88-403C-A3FD-2017A8240C5B}\Setup.exe"
    <enter>

    (C: drive assumed) it will attempt to install - repair - or uninstall
    --
    Why not dynamite he mumbles.
    http://www.scaryideas.com/print/3257/

    , Aug 6, 2007

  3. thanatoid Guest

    "" <> wrote in

    > Suffice it say that I got hooked on Google Earth. Two days
    > ago, my login gets blocked by a popup saying that I first
    > have to download and run their Updater software. The
    > Updater then triggers a 4 hour download/install, after
    > which, the unsettling pronouncement that it can't do the
    > installation until the older version is uninstalled.
    >
    > There is no uninstall subroutine so I try running the
    > Windows Uninstall software and, again, nothing budges.
    >
    > The only option I see left is to do a PROGRAM WIPE using
    > Symantic's SYSTEM WORKS. But something tells me that this
    > could lead to problems since it isn't a true uninstall.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Digger

    Not to be flippant, but learn from the experience.

    Think about Google and their football-field size facilities
    storing copies of the web. Think about their copies of EVERY
    WORD ever posted in non-binary text groups... Think about East
    Germany when wives spied on their husbands and friends on their
    friends and the files on everybody stretched for thousands of
    miles... Think about factories of Weapons of Mass Destruction in
    abandoned rusty trailers... Think about "due process of law"...
    Etc.

    --
    "...for the force that circles the earth most times in a second
    is not electricity but pain."

    thanatoid, Aug 6, 2007
  4. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > The only option I see left is to do a PROGRAM WIPE using Symantic's
    > SYSTEM WORKS. But something tells me that this could lead to
    > problems since it isn't a true uninstall.

    No, dont use Symantecs wipe to solve a google problem...

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 8, 2007