    installing the new program on top? ANy other suggestions.

    TIA
    Jim
    Jim, May 12, 2005

  2. Jim

    John Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:01:47 -0500, Jim <> wrote:

    >WHen I try to uninstall FF 1.03 before installing 1.04,. I get an
    >error that no can do because it can't find a registry entry for the
    >uninstall log folder. Had no problems previously uninstalling previos
    >version when upgrading.
    >

    >Would I be better off doing manual deletion of the folder containing
    >the program files (but leaving my profile folder of course!), or just
    >installing the new program on top? ANy other suggestions.
    >
    >TIA
    >Jim

    I didn't try to uninstall 1.0.3
    I installed 1.0.4 over top, and it works great in W 98SE.

    John <><

    A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    with an other monkey's monkey.
    John, May 12, 2005

  3. Jim

    gadge Guest

    Jim said the following on 5/12/05 10:01 PM:

    >WHen I try to uninstall FF 1.03 before installing 1.04,. I get an
    >error that no can do because it can't find a registry entry for the
    >uninstall log folder. Had no problems previously uninstalling previos
    >version when upgrading.
    >

    >Would I be better off doing manual deletion of the folder containing
    >the program files (but leaving my profile folder of course!), or just
    >installing the new program on top? ANy other suggestions.
    >
    >TIA
    >Jim

    I'm using win98se. Installed 1.0.4 on top of a running version of 1.0.3
    and it worked fine.

    --
    Gadge

    http://www.btinternet.com/~gadgerama