  1. Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a method
    to follow that I dont know.

    richardbardsley, Nov 23, 2005

  2. richardbardsley

    Noel Paton Guest

    "richardbardsley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    > reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    > method to follow that I dont know.

    'Can't get rid of it properly' - what does that mean??
    without details, the best I can suggest is that you reinstall it, and then
    uninstall it again.

    FWIW, I've installed SP2 with AOL in place and had no problems whatever -
    just make sure that you disable the various cleaners/spyware
    killers/anti-virus apps before starting the update.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Nov 23, 2005

  3. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    "richardbardsley" <> wrote in message
    > Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    > reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    > method to follow that I dont know.

    Told you!

    Gordon, Nov 23, 2005
  4. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    > "richardbardsley" <> wrote in message
    >> Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and
    >> then reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is
    >> there a method to follow that I dont know.

    > 'Can't get rid of it properly' - what does that mean??
    > without details, the best I can suggest is that you reinstall it, and
    > then uninstall it again.
    >
    > FWIW, I've installed SP2 with AOL in place and had no problems
    > whatever - just make sure that you disable the various
    > cleaners/spyware killers/anti-virus apps before starting the update.

    This is the fine service pak2 as recommended by our very own Frank DeLucca
    MPV!

    ;-)

    Gordon, Nov 23, 2005
  5. richardbardsley

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    >> "richardbardsley" <> wrote in message
    >>> Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and
    >>> then reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is
    >>> there a method to follow that I dont know.

    >> 'Can't get rid of it properly' - what does that mean??
    >> without details, the best I can suggest is that you reinstall it, and
    >> then uninstall it again.
    >>
    >> FWIW, I've installed SP2 with AOL in place and had no problems
    >> whatever - just make sure that you disable the various
    >> cleaners/spyware killers/anti-virus apps before starting the update.

    > This is the fine service pak2 as recommended by our very own Frank DeLucca
    > MPV!

    SP2 is essential in today's Web envoironment - unless you are collecting
    malware

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's>
    ;-)

    Noel Paton, Nov 23, 2005
  6. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> This is the fine service pak2 as recommended by our very own Frank
    >> DeLucca MPV!

    > SP2 is essential in today's Web envoironment - unless you are
    > collecting malware

    Whoooosh!

    Gordon, Nov 23, 2005
  7. richardbardsley

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> This is the fine service pak2 as recommended by our very own Frank
    >>> DeLucca MPV!

    >> SP2 is essential in today's Web envoironment - unless you are
    >> collecting malware
    >>

    > Whoooosh!

    I can't help it if I'm not a US TV fan!<g>

    Noel Paton, Nov 23, 2005
  8. richardbardsley

    Paul - xxx Guest

    richardbardsley came up with the following;:
    > Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    > reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    > method to follow that I dont know.

    Stop AOL from starting up before you install anything, let alone a Service
    Pack.

    Indeed, it's recommended practice to stop _every_ application other than the
    OS from running before installing anything on any flavour of Windows.

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 23, 2005
  9. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message

    >>> SP2 is essential in today's Web envoironment - unless you are
    >>> collecting malware
    >>>

    >> Whoooosh!
    >>

    > I can't help it if I'm not a US TV fan!<g>

    Do a search for Frank DeLucca and have a look! (Notice he signs himelf "MPV"
    not "MVP" - a dead giveaway!)

    Gordon, Nov 23, 2005
  10. richardbardsley

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message

    >>> Whoooosh!
    >>>

    >> I can't help it if I'm not a US TV fan!<g>

    > Do a search for Frank DeLucca and have a look! (Notice he signs himelf
    > "MPV"
    > not "MVP" - a dead giveaway!)

    can't be bothered - I already googled to find that much!
    Here in the UK, it's unlikely to appear, anyhow.

    Noel Paton, Nov 23, 2005
  11. richardbardsley quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    > reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    > method to follow that I dont know.

    SUE AOL!! SUE AOL!!

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.-

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 23, 2005
  12. richardbardsley

    dadiOH Guest

    richardbardsley wrote:
    > Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    > reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    > method to follow that I dont know.

    You could go back to BT...

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Nov 23, 2005
  13. richardbardsley

    dadiOH Guest

    The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > richardbardsley quacked like a deranged mallard in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and
    >> then reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is
    >> there a method to follow that I dont know.
    >>

    > SUE AOL!! SUE AOL!!

    :)

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Nov 23, 2005
  14. richardbardsley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Unfuckinbelievable!!! now you have a legitimate complaint. Call AOL.

    pcbutts1, Nov 23, 2005
  15. richardbardsley

    Paul - xxx Guest

    The Old Sourdough came up with the following;:
    > richardbardsley quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    >> reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    >> method to follow that I dont know.
    >>

    > SUE AOL!! SUE AOL!!

    Litigate, Litigate ...

    Fugitt, 'ave a beer and shurrrup a minute ... ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 23, 2005
  16. richardbardsley

    Grim Reaper Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:24:12 -0000, "richardbardsley"
    <> wrote:

    >Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    >reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a method
    >to follow that I dont know.

    You just screwed up your computer real good installing the AOL
    software. It is hard to remove because AOL just dug their spidery
    undead fingers into the hard drive and refuse to let you uninstall the
    software. AOL software by all means is a VIRUS.Their software is known
    to change the settings in Windows XP (if you are running it) until it
    becomes unstable and crashes. The only way to get rid of this POS
    software is now to wipe the hard drive completely and re-install
    Windows XP (if you have this installed), but do NOT re-install the AOL
    software or you will screw up your system again!

    Do you want to end up getting your computer hit with viruses, spammed
    with pr0n emails, being accosted by perverts in the chatrooms on AOL?
    Bad idea. They have been known to force charge your credit cards and
    stealing money out of your account without telling you and they refuse
    to stop billing you after you cancel your account. Good luck trying to
    get your money back.

    Grim Reaper, Nov 23, 2005
  17. "Grim Reaper" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:24:12 -0000, "richardbardsley"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    >>reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    >>method
    >>to follow that I dont know.
    >>

    > You just screwed up your computer real good installing the AOL
    > software. It is hard to remove because AOL just dug their spidery
    > undead fingers into the hard drive and refuse to let you uninstall the
    > software. AOL software by all means is a VIRUS.Their software is known
    > to change the settings in Windows XP (if you are running it) until it
    > becomes unstable and crashes. The only way to get rid of this POS
    > software is now to wipe the hard drive completely and re-install
    > Windows XP (if you have this installed), but do NOT re-install the AOL
    > software or you will screw up your system again!
    >
    > Do you want to end up getting your computer hit with viruses, spammed
    > with pr0n emails, being accosted by perverts in the chatrooms on AOL?
    > Bad idea. They have been known to force charge your credit cards and
    > stealing money out of your account without telling you and they refuse
    > to stop billing you after you cancel your account. Good luck trying to
    > get your money back.

    AOL are a long established company so its highly unlikely they would have
    lasted this long with practises like that.
    They have been very friendly over the phone and are offering 100 hours for
    free.
    Can your isp beat that?

    richardbardsley, Nov 23, 2005
  18. richardbardsley

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:05:16 -0000, "richardbardsley"
    <> wrote:

    >"Grim Reaper" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:24:12 -0000, "richardbardsley"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    >>>reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    >>>method
    >>>to follow that I dont know.
    >>>

    >> to stop billing you after you cancel your account. Good luck trying to
    >> get your money back.

    >AOL are a long established company so its highly unlikely they would have
    >lasted this long with practises like that.
    >They have been very friendly over the phone and are offering 100 hours for
    >free.
    >Can your isp beat that?

    Free crap is worthless. I have some free used toilet paper if you want
    it. I can even give you 100 hours of it. All you have to do is stand
    at the end of my soil line and collect it. Sort of like AOL don't you
    think.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Nov 23, 2005
  19. richardbardsley wrote:
    > Ive tried to uninstall AOL in order to install service pack2, and then
    > reinstall AOL as advised but I cant get rid of it properly.Is there a
    > method to follow that I dont know.

    Ignore Noel Paton, he's not a /real/ MPV (he can't even spell it right)

    Reinstall WinXP on top over the excisting system, apply our fine Service Pak
    2, and reinstall the AOL software should do the job. Poast back if you
    encounter any problems.

    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV