    Everything else seems to work OK. OS is XP Home Edition.
    Thanks for any input.
    Ken Williams

    Ken, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Ken

    Trent SC Guest

    > I have a Gateway laptop and recently, I have to disconnect the battery to
    > turn it off. Worked fine up until about a month ago when this began. I

    tried
    > AC connection but had to remove the plug and battery to get it to turn

    off.
    > Everything else seems to work OK. OS is XP Home Edition.
    > Thanks for any input.
    > Ken Williams

    It's most likely to be a process or application that you've installed in the
    last month, so either go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel and
    uninstall it, or use the System Restore feature (Start > All Programs >
    Accessories > System Tools > System Restore)

    Trent SC, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Ken

    Mellowed Guest

    Try holding down the Power/On switch for up to 10 seconds.

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    : I have a Gateway laptop and recently, I have to disconnect the battery
    : turn it off. Worked fine up until about a month ago when this began. I
    tried
    : AC connection but had to remove the plug and battery to get it to turn
    off.
    : Everything else seems to work OK. OS is XP Home Edition.
    : Thanks for any input.
    : Ken Williams
    :
    :

    Mellowed, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Ken

    Lord Haw-Haw Guest

    Never no trouble with my DeskNote book no batt in it only thing i can thing
    off.
    its Haggging up at the end should atuo shut down try a Restart a few times
    at the end 3 loggos Restart the one should shut down and re pick up
    as it should aouo fix it selff to shut down and save setting should say
    --

    www.bnp.org.uk

    Lord Haw-Haw, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Ken

    ICee Guest

    Ken wrote:
    > I have a Gateway laptop and recently, I have to disconnect the
    > battery to turn it off. Worked fine up until about a month ago when
    > this began. I tried AC connection but had to remove the plug and
    > battery to get it to turn off. Everything else seems to work OK. OS
    > is XP Home Edition.
    > Thanks for any input.
    > Ken Williams

    Take a look here:
    "WINDOWS XP
    SHUTDOWN & RESTART
    TROUBLESHOOTING"

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    ICee, Apr 25, 2004
  6. Ken

    Trent SC Guest

    "Lord Haw-Haw" <Due to spam@no thanks> wrote in message
    > Never no trouble with my DeskNote book no batt in it only thing i can

    thing
    > off.
    > its Haggging up at the end should atuo shut down try a Restart a few

    times
    > at the end 3 loggos Restart the one should shut down and re pick up
    > as it should aouo fix it selff to shut down and save setting should say
    > --
    >
    > www.bnp.org.uk

    Moron

    Trent SC, Apr 25, 2004
  7. Trent SC wrote:

    > "Lord Haw-Haw" <Due to spam@no thanks> wrote in message

    >> Never no trouble with my DeskNote book no batt in it only thing i can

    > thing
    >> off.
    >> its Haggging up at the end should atuo shut down try a Restart a few

    > times
    >> at the end 3 loggos Restart the one should shut down and re pick up
    >> as it should aouo fix it selff to shut down and save setting should say

    > Moron

    Hey, *you* try writing when you're falling-down drunk and wearing thick
    mittens. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Register User 4892F
    AOL Diary: (New 4/22) http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 25, 2004
  8. Ken

    Trent SC Guest

    > >> Never no trouble with my DeskNote book no batt in it only thing i can
    > > thing
    > >> off.
    > >> its Haggging up at the end should atuo shut down try a Restart a few

    > > times
    > >> at the end 3 loggos Restart the one should shut down and re pick up
    > >> as it should aouo fix it selff to shut down and save setting should

    say

    > > Moron

    > Hey, *you* try writing when you're falling-down drunk and wearing thick
    > mittens. :)

    I have the good sense to keep some distance between the keyboard and me when
    I'm drunk and wearing thick mittens.

    Trent SC, Apr 25, 2004
  9. Trent SC wrote:
    >> > thing
    >> > times

    > say

    >> > Moron

    >> Hey, *you* try writing when you're falling-down drunk and wearing thick
    >> mittens. :)

    > I have the good sense to keep some distance between the keyboard and me when
    > I'm drunk and wearing thick mittens.

    Hey, so do I.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 25, 2004
  10. Ken

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Lord Haw-Haw
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Never no trouble with my DeskNote book no batt in it only thing i can
    > thing off.
    > its Haggging up at the end should atuo shut down try a Restart a few
    > times at the end 3 loggos Restart the one should shut down and re
    > pick up
    > as it should aouo fix it selff to shut down and save setting should
    > say

    I bet your campaign slogans really get the crowd going eh ?

    "Woet for HawHaw fro a betre Britin !"
    "Innigrans go hoem !"
    --
    slumpy