Can't stop MSN Messenger from running on old computer.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Grandpa Chuck, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most of
    the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long time.
    Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.

    I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it. The
    problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that shuts it
    off in this computer.

    I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign on
    automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It still
    does it at least once every 15 minutes.

    I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it to I
    decide to attempt to remove it.

    It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep, Uninstall
    Wizard will not allow me to remove it.

    So, friends, what are my options?
    I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.

    Thank you all for your help.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    The following information is given with the utmost respect
    for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
    current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
    The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of April 04, 2006 is 2,344.
    Americans wounded = more than 16,774
    United Kingdom = 103
    Other = 105
    Iraqi deaths are probably in excess of 100,000.

    Today, April 6, 2006
    It has been 1071 days since Bush declared,
    "Mission Accomplished in Iraq."
    And some people still believe what he says.
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Grandpa Chuck

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:48:57 GMT, Grandpa Chuck <> wrote:

    >I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most of
    >the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long time.
    >Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >
    >I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    >desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it. The
    >problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that shuts it
    >off in this computer.
    >
    >I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign on
    >automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It still
    >does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >
    >I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    >option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it to I
    >decide to attempt to remove it.
    >
    >It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep, Uninstall
    >Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >
    >So, friends, what are my options?
    >I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    >option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >
    >Thank you all for your help.

    Download AdAware SE Personal (free,) and the Messenger control add-ons for it.

    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Add-ons on the right side of the page.

    --
    Don't irritate geeks ... They don't have a life and if you make
    them mad enough they will make *you* their life ... And they
    Mara, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Grandpa Chuck

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Mara wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:48:57 GMT, Grandpa Chuck <> wrote:
    >
    >> I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most of
    >> the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long time.
    >> Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >>
    >> I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    >> desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it. The
    >> problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that shuts it
    >> off in this computer.
    >>
    >> I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign on
    >> automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It still
    >> does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >>
    >> I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    >> option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it to I
    >> decide to attempt to remove it.
    >>
    >> It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep, Uninstall
    >> Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >>
    >> So, friends, what are my options?
    >> I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    >> option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >>
    >> Thank you all for your help.

    > Download AdAware SE Personal (free,) and the Messenger control add-ons for it.
    >
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > Add-ons on the right side of the page.

    Did what you advised.
    Installed both.
    No change.
    What did I miss?

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 6, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    > Mara wrote:
    >> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:48:57 GMT, Grandpa Chuck
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most
    >>> of the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long
    >>> time. Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from
    >>> the desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do
    >>> it. The problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and
    >>> that shuts it off in this computer.
    >>>
    >>> I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign
    >>> on automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It
    >>> still does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >>>
    >>> I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    >>> option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it
    >>> to I decide to attempt to remove it.
    >>>
    >>> It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep,
    >>> Uninstall Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >>>
    >>> So, friends, what are my options?
    >>> I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at
    >>> my option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you all for your help.

    >> Download AdAware SE Personal (free,) and the Messenger control add-ons
    >> for it.
    >>
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >>
    >> Add-ons on the right side of the page.
    >>

    > Did what you advised.
    > Installed both.
    > No change.
    > What did I miss?

    As a matter of fact, I can't even find it in AdAware Add-Ons in the
    program after installing it per the directions.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 6, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 7, 2006
  6. Grandpa Chuck

    Scraggy Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:48:57 GMT, Grandpa Chuck
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most
    >> of the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long
    >> time. Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >>
    >> I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from
    >> the desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do
    >> it. The problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and
    >> that shuts it off in this computer.
    >>
    >> I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to
    >> sign on automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup
    >> menu. It still does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >>
    >> I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    >> option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it
    >> to I decide to attempt to remove it.
    >>
    >> It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep,
    >> Uninstall Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >>
    >> So, friends, what are my options?
    >> I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at
    >> my option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >>
    >> Thank you all for your help.

    > Download AdAware SE Personal (free,) and the Messenger control
    > add-ons for it.
    >
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > Add-ons on the right side of the page.

    Wrong messenger.

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Apr 7, 2006
  7. Grandpa Chuck

    Scraggy Guest

    Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    > I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most
    > of the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long
    > time. Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >
    > I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    > desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it.
    > The problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that
    > shuts it off in this computer.
    >
    > I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign
    > on automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It
    > still does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >
    > I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    > option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it
    > to I decide to attempt to remove it.
    >
    > It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep,
    > Uninstall Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >
    > So, friends, what are my options?
    > I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    > option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >
    > Thank you all for your help.

    Are you using Outhouse Express on the PC?

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Apr 7, 2006
  8. Grandpa Chuck

    tom Guest

    http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm
    tom, Apr 7, 2006
  9. Scraggy wrote:
    > Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    >> I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most
    >> of the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long
    >> time. Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >>
    >> I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    >> desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it.
    >> The problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that
    >> shuts it off in this computer.
    >>
    >> I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign
    >> on automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It
    >> still does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >>
    >> I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    >> option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it
    >> to I decide to attempt to remove it.
    >>
    >> It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep,
    >> Uninstall Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >>
    >> So, friends, what are my options?
    >> I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    >> option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >>
    >> Thank you all for your help.

    > Are you using Outhouse Express on the PC?

    No, not on either one.
    Don't like it.
    I use Thunderbird.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    The following information is given with the utmost respect
    for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
    current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
    The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of April 07, 2006 is 2,347.

    Today, April 7, 2006
    It has been 1072 days since Bush declared,
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 7, 2006
  10. tom wrote:
    > "> Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    >>> I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most
    >>> of the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long
    >>> time. Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    >>> desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it.
    >>> The problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that
    >>> shuts it off in this computer.
    >>>
    >>> I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign
    >>> on automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It
    >>> still does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >>>
    >>> I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    >>> option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it
    >>> to I decide to attempt to remove it.
    >>>
    >>> It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep,
    >>> Uninstall Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >>>
    >>> So, friends, what are my options?
    >>> I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    >>> option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you all for your help.

    > http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

    That talks about Windows Messenger.
    I am talking about MSN Messenger.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 7, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 7, 2006
  11. X-No-Archive: YES
    Grandpa Chuck [] has entered into testimony
    YbzZf.913027$xm3.679027@attbi_s21

    > tom wrote:

    >> http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm
    >>

    > That talks about Windows Messenger.
    > I am talking about MSN Messenger.

    People install this at work occasionally, but it's classified as P2P due
    to the ability to transfer files... which is a no-no... but I've never
    had any problems uninstalling it.

    You can always just delete the installation subdirectory in C:\Program
    Files (or whatever path you use.) Once the executable is gone, it
    cannot start.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com
    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 7, 2006
  12. Chadwick Stone© wrote:
    > Grandpa Chuck [] has entered into testimony
    > YbzZf.913027$xm3.679027@attbi_s21
    >
    >> tom wrote:

    >>> http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm
    >>>

    >> That talks about Windows Messenger.
    >> I am talking about MSN Messenger.

    > People install this at work occasionally, but it's classified as P2P due
    > to the ability to transfer files... which is a no-no... but I've never
    > had any problems uninstalling it.
    >
    > You can always just delete the installation subdirectory in C:\Program
    > Files (or whatever path you use.) Once the executable is gone, it
    > cannot start.

    Nice idea.
    I did that and five minutes later it opened MSN Messenger on the old
    computer anyway which caused it to disconnect from the new one.

    Shall we try something else?

    I think I said before I tried removing it from the Control Panel and
    that won't let me remove it. Then I tried Norton SystemWorks and it says
    that it cannot remove it. It doesn't have its own uninstall file.

    In short, I have been unable to find any way to remove or even to
    disable it on the older computer.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 7, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 7, 2006
  13. X-No-Archive: YES
    Grandpa Chuck [] has entered into testimony
    _SAZf.86799$oL.72826@attbi_s71

    > Chadwick Stone© wrote:
    >> Grandpa Chuck [] has entered into testimony
    >> YbzZf.913027$xm3.679027@attbi_s21

    >>> That talks about Windows Messenger.
    >>> I am talking about MSN Messenger.

    >> People install this at work occasionally, but it's classified as P2P
    >> due to the ability to transfer files... which is a no-no... but I've
    >> never had any problems uninstalling it.
    >>
    >> You can always just delete the installation subdirectory in
    >> C:\Program Files (or whatever path you use.) Once the executable is
    >> gone, it cannot start.
    >>

    > Nice idea.
    > I did that and five minutes later it opened MSN Messenger on the old
    > computer anyway which caused it to disconnect from the new one.
    >
    > Shall we try something else?
    >
    > I think I said before I tried removing it from the Control Panel and
    > that won't let me remove it. Then I tried Norton SystemWorks and it
    > says that it cannot remove it. It doesn't have its own uninstall file.
    >
    > In short, I have been unable to find any way to remove or even to
    > disable it on the older computer.

    Ask Doo-wayne Arnold. he knows it all ;)

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 8, 2006
  14. New Wrinkle to Can't stop MSN Messenger from running on old computer.

    Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    > I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most of
    > the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long time.
    > Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >
    > I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    > desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it. The
    > problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that shuts it
    > off in this computer.
    >
    > I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign on
    > automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It still
    > does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >
    > I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    > option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it to I
    > decide to attempt to remove it.
    >
    > It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep, Uninstall
    > Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >
    > So, friends, what are my options?
    > I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    > option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >
    > Thank you all for your help.

    I found out a few minutes ago that even though this computer shuts down
    MSN Messenger and claims it was done because it was opened on another
    computer, it is not opening on the desktop p.c. and I find so sign of it
    running here. Not even if I click on ctrl/alt/delete. That does not show it.

    I know I have the correct security settings on my wireless network, so
    now I really don't know where the heck to look.

    Yes, computers are one challenge after another, but this is ridiculous.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 7, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 8, 2006
  15. Mara wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:17:35 GMT, Grandpa Chuck <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> Did what you advised.
    >> Installed both.
    >> No change.
    >> What did I miss?

    > It isn't enough to just install the add-ons. Once they're installed, run
    > Adaware, click on "Add-ons" in the left-hand menu,

    Did that a number of time.
    There is nothing

    > select (highlight) the tool
    > you want to run, and then click "Run tool" below the pane.

    Earlier today there was nothing in the tool file - nothing.
    It is there now and I did click on it.
    Is this going to have the desired effect on MSN Messenger since that is
    a different program from Windows Messenger?

    Thank you for your help.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 7, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 8, 2006
  16. Re: New Wrinkle to Can't stop MSN Messenger from running on old computer.

    Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    > Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    >> I recently bought a new notebook p.c. that is now the one I use most
    >> of the time. I have had MSN Messenger on our desktop p.c. for a long
    >> time. Naturally, I installed it on this notebook.
    >>
    >> I have tried many times to deactivate it or even uninstall it from the
    >> desktop machine. So far I have not been able to find a way to do it.
    >> The problem is that on that machine it keeps activating it and that
    >> shuts it off in this computer.
    >>
    >> I have unchecked the feature on the old one that calls for it to sign
    >> on automatically. I have unchecked it in msconfig's startup menu. It
    >> still does it at least once every 15 minutes.
    >>
    >> I figured I would be able to leave it on the desktop to use at my
    >> option, but since it automatically signs me in when I don't want it to
    >> I decide to attempt to remove it.
    >>
    >> It sounds so silly that even Norton SystemWorks, Clean Sweep,
    >> Uninstall Wizard will not allow me to remove it.
    >>
    >> So, friends, what are my options?
    >> I would still like to have it on the old machine so I can use it at my
    >> option, but if that isn't possible I would like to remove it.
    >>
    >> Thank you all for your help.
    >>

    > I found out a few minutes ago that even though this computer shuts down
    > MSN Messenger and claims it was done because it was opened on another
    > computer, it is not opening on the desktop p.c. and I find so sign of it
    > running here. Not even if I click on ctrl/alt/delete. That does not show
    > it.
    >
    > I know I have the correct security settings on my wireless network, so
    > now I really don't know where the heck to look.
    >
    > Yes, computers are one challenge after another, but this is ridiculous.

    Specifically what it says is, "You have signed in to Messenger on
    another computer. Click here to sign in again." The thing is that it is
    not signed in on another computer.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 7, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 8, 2006
  17. Mara wrote:
    > On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:36:38 GMT, Grandpa Chuck <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mara wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:17:35 GMT, Grandpa Chuck <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>
    >>> It isn't enough to just install the add-ons. Once they're installed, run
    >>> Adaware, click on "Add-ons" in the left-hand menu,

    >> Did that a number of time.
    >> There is nothing
    >>
    >>> select (highlight) the tool
    >>> you want to run, and then click "Run tool" below the pane.
    >>>

    >> Earlier today there was nothing in the tool file - nothing.

    > Apparently you didn't install it correctly the first time. I've never had that
    > problem.
    >
    >> It is there now and I did click on it.
    >> Is this going to have the desired effect on MSN Messenger since that is
    >> a different program from Windows Messenger?
    >>
    >> Thank you for your help.

    > YW.
    >
    > Look what happens when you do a google search for "Windows Messenger":
    >
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q11561DEC
    >
    > From http://www.lavasoftusa.com/:
    >
    > "Many users opt not to use Microsoft Windows Messenger for their instant
    > messenger program. Despite the fact that Microsoft Windows XP users have turned
    > off the auto-start feature of Windows Messenger, it continues to open when
    > Microsoft Outlook Express is use.
    >
    > It should be noted that this only occurs on systems running Microsoft Windows
    > XP. Other versions of Microsoft Windows do not experience this.
    >
    > If you have disabled Windows Messenger's auto-start function, and you'd like it
    > to remain closed while using Outlook Express, we have created an add-on which
    > will allow you to prevent Windows Messenger from starting when Outlook Express
    > launches. The add-on allows you to switch between disabling and enabling Windows
    > Messenger's auto-launch status when opening Outlook Express. When Windows
    > Messenger is disabled, you may also notice faster load times when opening
    > Outlook Express."
    >
    > That's the OE-W Messenger Add-on. Use both tools though.

    I don't use OE at all. Nor do I use OE-W Messenger.
    I use MSN Messenger.

    Is MSN Messenger connected to Windows Messenger in some way?

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 7, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 8, 2006
  18. Re: New Wrinkle to Can't stop MSN Messenger from running on old computer.

    Mara wrote:
    > On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:38:16 GMT, Grandpa Chuck <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> Specifically what it says is, "You have signed in to Messenger on
    >> another computer. Click here to sign in again." The thing is that it is
    >> not signed in on another computer.

    > Are you absolutely certain that no one else knows your login information, and
    > that it's not running on any other computer you control? Note that it says
    > you've "signed in," not just that the program is running. If the answer is yes
    > to both, close the account and get another with a different userID and password
    > - and make the password harder to crack.

    Will do that.
    As a matter of fact I am using a weak password only because it is easy
    for me to remember.

    > There are also malware programs that spread through Messenger, notably the Rbot
    > trojans/worms. Scan your system(s) with a good,** freshly updated virus
    > scanner(s), and/or use one the online scanners, such as these:
    >
    > http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
    > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    >
    > Scan your system(s), preferably with more than one of them.
    >
    > ** = This does not include Symantec or McAfee antivirus scanners.

    Okay, will run those on both computers tomorrow. Already shut down the
    older one for tonight.

    Will do the password right away.

    I'll let you know tomorrow.

    TY again.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Today, April 7, 2006
    Grandpa Chuck, Apr 8, 2006
  19. Chadwick Stone© wrote:
    > Grandpa Chuck [] has entered into testimony
    > _SAZf.86799$oL.72826@attbi_s71
    >

    >>Chadwick Stone© wrote:

    >>>Grandpa Chuck [] has entered into testimony
    >>>YbzZf.913027$xm3.679027@attbi_s21

    >>>People install this at work occasionally, but it's classified as P2P
    >>>due to the ability to transfer files... which is a no-no... but I've
    >>>never had any problems uninstalling it.
    >>>
    >>>You can always just delete the installation subdirectory in
    >>>C:\Program Files (or whatever path you use.) Once the executable is
    >>>gone, it cannot start.
    >>>

    >>Nice idea.
    >>I did that and five minutes later it opened MSN Messenger on the old
    >>computer anyway which caused it to disconnect from the new one.
    >>
    >>Shall we try something else?
    >>
    >>I think I said before I tried removing it from the Control Panel and
    >>that won't let me remove it. Then I tried Norton SystemWorks and it
    >>says that it cannot remove it. It doesn't have its own uninstall file.
    >>
    >>In short, I have been unable to find any way to remove or even to
    >>disable it on the older computer.

    > Ask Doo-wayne Arnold. he knows it all ;)

    I'll leave the light weight stuff to you in hopes that you'll come up
    with something helpful here. But wait, for a *clown* like you that runs
    up and down the threads with *nothing* but pop-gun help, riding your
    big-wheel and doing big noise, we know that's not going to happen. ;-)

    Duane :)
    K-Hen-Butt-Kicker, Apr 8, 2006
  20. X-No-Archive: YES
    K-Hen-Butt-Kicker
    [] has
    entered into testimony
    WzGZf.1390$

    > Chadwick Stone© wrote:
    >> Grandpa Chuck [] has entered into testimony
    >> _SAZf.86799$oL.72826@attbi_s71

    >>> Nice idea.
    >>> I did that and five minutes later it opened MSN Messenger on the old
    >>> computer anyway which caused it to disconnect from the new one.
    >>>
    >>> Shall we try something else?
    >>>
    >>> I think I said before I tried removing it from the Control Panel and
    >>> that won't let me remove it. Then I tried Norton SystemWorks and it
    >>> says that it cannot remove it. It doesn't have its own uninstall
    >>> file.
    >>>
    >>> In short, I have been unable to find any way to remove or even to
    >>> disable it on the older computer.

    >> Ask Doo-wayne Arnold. he knows it all ;)
    >>

    > I'll leave the light weight stuff to you in hopes that you'll come up
    > with something helpful here. But wait, for a *clown* like you that
    > runs up and down the threads with *nothing* but pop-gun help, riding
    > your big-wheel and doing big noise, we know that's not going to
    > happen. ;-)

    Hey Doo-wayne, the ward nurse is looking for you.

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 8, 2006