    Thanks,
    Rod
    , Nov 15, 2003

  2. Bonjour "", tu as écrit le samedi 15/11/2003 :
    > I just dl'd Firebird, unzipped to a directory, and clicked the exe file
    > to start it.
    > I get "The connection was refused when attempting to contact (whatever
    > site I try) "
    >
    > What else must I do?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rod

    Hi,
    Do you have a proxy ?

    --
    L'erreur est de croire qu'on est seul !
    michel.laclé - Ôter la clé pour me répondre ! ;)
    Michel Doucet, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Guest

    Michel Doucet wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Do you have a proxy ?

    No, but I just found the problem. If I disable my firewall, AtGuard,
    then Firebird works.
    Strange, usually when AtGuard detects an unknown app trying to go
    outbound, it pops up a message asking if I want to create a new rule,
    but not this time.

    I created an AtGuard rule to allow Firebird to connect, both
    outbound/inbound, both TCP.UDP, ANY adress.
    But it still interferes with Firebird.

    ?????
    , Nov 15, 2003
  4. Bonjour "", tu as écrit le samedi 15/11/2003 :
    > Strange, usually when AtGuard detects an unknown app trying to go
    > outbound, it pops up a message asking if I want to create a new rule,
    > but not this time.

    I do not understand : with Zone Alarm it's working but I had to answer
    yes when it asks me if FireBird can act as a server ?

    Michel Doucet, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Ed Mullen Guest

    Michel Doucet wrote:
    > Bonjour "", tu as écrit le samedi 15/11/2003 :
    >
    >>Strange, usually when AtGuard detects an unknown app trying to go
    >>outbound, it pops up a message asking if I want to create a new rule,
    >>but not this time.

    > I do not understand : with Zone Alarm it's working but I had to answer
    > yes when it asks me if FireBird can act as a server ?

    Mozilla browsers need server access to your local host (127.0.0.1) so
    the security manager will work. It's a harmless connection and
    perfectly safe to allow in your firewall rules.

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 15, 2003
  6. wrote:
    > I just dl'd Firebird, unzipped to a directory, and clicked the exe file
    > to start it.
    > I get "The connection was refused when attempting to contact (whatever
    > site I try) "
    >
    > What else must I do?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rod

    Are you running a firewall app? You may need to give Firebird
    permission if you are using a firewall simialar to ZoneAlarm...

    Just my thoughts,
    Kelly
    TungstenT3Rocks, Nov 16, 2003