Can't ssh from Linux to PIX

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ste, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. Ste

    Ste Guest

    I can't get ssh connect to PIX. I get error messages from Linux box like
    the followings:

    The authenticaity of host 'pix (IP ...) can't be established.
    Warning: Permantly added 'pix' (RSA1) to the list of known hosts.
    Secleted cipher type <unknown> not supported by server.

    I can ssh to the Linux box or PIX box from workstation seperately.

    My goal is to ssh from external to Linux, then from Linux to PIX.

    Maybe I am wrong: I don't have to use 2nd ssh from Linux to PIX after ssh
    is connected, instead I simply use telnet??

    Any help or comment here are very thankful.

    Ste
    Ste, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Ste

    Marty Jansen Guest

    Ste wrote:
    > I can't get ssh connect to PIX. I get error messages from Linux box like
    > the followings:

    > The authenticaity of host 'pix (IP ...) can't be established.
    > Warning: Permantly added 'pix' (RSA1) to the list of known hosts.
    > Secleted cipher type <unknown> not supported by server.
    >
    > I can ssh to the Linux box or PIX box from workstation seperately.
    >
    > My goal is to ssh from external to Linux, then from Linux to PIX.
    >
    > Maybe I am wrong: I don't have to use 2nd ssh from Linux to PIX after ssh
    > is connected, instead I simply use telnet??
    >
    > Any help or comment here are very thankful.
    >
    > Ste

    Most images only support SSH1, if you are using SSH2 that could be the
    problem

    Marty
    Marty Jansen, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Ste

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 10:22:27 -0500, Ste wrote:

    > I can't get ssh connect to PIX. I get error messages from Linux box
    > like the followings:
    >
    > --------------------------------------------------------------- The
    > authenticaity of host 'pix (IP ...) can't be established. .... Warning:
    > Permantly added 'pix' (RSA1) to the list of known hosts. Secleted cipher
    > type <unknown> not supported by server.
    >
    > I can ssh to the Linux box or PIX box from workstation seperately.
    >
    > My goal is to ssh from external to Linux, then from Linux to PIX.
    >
    > Maybe I am wrong: I don't have to use 2nd ssh from Linux to PIX after
    > ssh is connected, instead I simply use telnet??
    >
    > Any help or comment here are very thankful.
    >
    > Ste

    Try specifying the cipher type as des or 3des. for example:

    ssh -l pix -c des 10.10.220.1

    Rik Bain
    Rik Bain, Sep 5, 2004