    out there that forces any program to close, even if Task Manger can't
    do it? Thanks.

    George

    GM, Apr 15, 2007

  2. GM

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:51:15 -0400, GM wrote:

    > Nero 6 works okay pretty much of the time but occassionally it hangs
    > up. When I then try to close the program using the task manager, it
    > doesn't work. Nothing closes it unless I reboot. Is there a program
    > out there that forces any program to close, even if Task Manger can't
    > do it? Thanks.
    >
    > George

    I find that threatening the computer with a 24-ounce claw hammer
    occasionally keeps it behaving well.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, Apr 15, 2007

  3. GM

    Kenny Guest

    EndItAll, that's a program, not a suggestion.

    http://www.docsdownloads.com/Tier1/enditall.htm

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Apr 15, 2007
  4. GM

    thanatoid Guest

    GM <> wrote in

    > Nero 6 works okay pretty much of the time but occassionally
    > it hangs up. When I then try to close the program using the
    > task manager, it doesn't work. Nothing closes it unless I
    > reboot. Is there a program out there that forces any
    > program to close, even if Task Manger can't do it? Thanks.
    >
    > George

    IMHO Nero is a totally incomprehensible and illogical bloated
    pig. The only useful things are a couple of the utilities in the
    Toolkit, like if you want to find out who REALLY made your CD-R
    (not that there aren't any other programs - free - that will let
    you do it as well...).

    I have paid for, use and recommend CDRWin from
    www.goldenhawk.com

    If you want to stick with Nero, try this program to help with
    the hangs:

    http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

    I use a fairly old version, but I believe it is still shareware
    with a few minor functions disabled unless you register.

    There are a few things it will sometimes not be able to kill
    (mostly to do with Windows printing - what a joy THAT is) but
    you'll just have to find out for yourself.

    thanatoid, Apr 15, 2007
  5. GM

    GM Guest

    Re: Can't Shutdown Nero when it hangs - Thanks for your help

    Thanks to all!

    GM, Apr 16, 2007