    hyphen. That is monitor does not shut off but the computer if off.

    I am using Win 98SE.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:50:56 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >When I shut the PC, the monitor screen is black with a white flashing
    >hyphen. That is monitor does not shut off but the computer if off.
    >
    >I am using Win 98SE.

    Once the computer is off, unplug the power from the computer. If you
    still have the hyphen, then you have a issue with your monitor.

    Evan Platt, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:50:56 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
    ><> wrote:

    >>Hi,

    >>When I shut the PC, the monitor screen is black with a white flashing
    >>hyphen. That is monitor does not shut off but the computer if off.

    >>I am using Win 98SE.

    > Once the computer is off, unplug the power from the computer. If you
    > still have the hyphen, then you have a issue with your monitor.

    Or it's White-Out. Oh...no, he said it was flashing. Never mind.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:50:56 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Hi,

    >>>When I shut the PC, the monitor screen is black with a white flashing
    >>>hyphen. That is monitor does not shut off but the computer if off.

    >>>I am using Win 98SE.

    >>Once the computer is off, unplug the power from the computer. If you
    >>still have the hyphen, then you have a issue with your monitor.

    > Or it's White-Out. Oh...no, he said it was flashing. Never mind.

    I keep OE set to not allow Flash-Out.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > When I shut the PC, the monitor screen is black with a white flashing
    > hyphen. That is monitor does not shut off but the computer if off.
    >
    > I am using Win 98SE.
    >
    > Rajinder

    Try turning off the monitor.
    Have you checked with the manufacturer or read the manual for your
    monitor to see if it is there in purpose?
    ie, is it there to show you that the monitor is still turned on?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 17, 2005
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    neville Guest

    If its doing that its good in the sense its telling you something that its
    still working dont worry about it.

    neville, Mar 21, 2005