Can't share wireless internet connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by BlackLine, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. BlackLine

    BlackLine

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,
    - I have a network connected with "switch". Network/File Sharing works
    - Main computer has a "wireless" adapter can connect to internet
    - OS is Win XP

    I am trying to "share" this internet connection to network but when I do

    - Network Connections > Wireless Network Connection > Properties > Advanced > Allow other network users to connect through...

    It says "...A Lan connection is already configured with the IP adress.." and
    can't share the connection

    No other device or computer has this ip: 192.168.0.1

    Switch ip range is: 169.X.X.50 and above
    Wireless ip range is: 192.168.0.10 and above
    Main Computer wireless has the ip of : 192.168.0.12
    Main Computer Lan(Switch) ip is 169.X.X.59

    Note: Local Area Connection Requires Manual Ip to be entered in order to work to TCP/IP settings - Obtain Ip Automaticaly won't work

    What is wrong?

    Thanks a lot...

    BlackLine, Apr 18, 2008