    select one, comes back and says can't connect to printer..Driving me
    nuts..
    TIA, Ted O.

    Houndog, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Houndog

    LONDELL Guest

    Houndog wrote:
    > My setup is" 3 pc's in one building off a WRT54G, then a WAP54g , set
    > as AP,hardwired to the WRT and another WAP in remote building set as
    > repeater . I had on pc with USB adapter running for over 2 weeks,in
    > remote building, no Problem, I could see the shared printer from my
    > office pc in other building,.But I cannot see shared printer from
    > second PC in remote building..
    >
    > I have sharing enabled, on the PC where the printer is,, I have printer
    > and file sharing enabled on 2nd pc..When I go to add network printer,
    > browse for printer it see's all the printer on the network, but when I
    > select one, comes back and says can't connect to printer..Driving me
    > nuts..
    > TIA, Ted O.

    i am having a similar problem.I can print test pages form wirelss pc but
    when I try to print any other documents, I a message saying "can't
    initialize printer". Let me know if you get any suggestion to this
    problem Tomorrow I am going to swap printers to see iff maybe it isa
    hardware problem on the printer side.

    LONDELL, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Houndog

    Houndog Guest

    This get even wierder.. Remote building has 2 pc's,, one has printer
    I'm trying to share,, #2 pc Can't connect to shared printer..But can
    connect to printer in main building. Yet I can print to shared printer
    in remote building from my office PC. Thanks

    Houndog, Feb 22, 2006
  4. Houndog

    LONDELL Guest

    Houndog wrote:
    > This get even wierder.. Remote building has 2 pc's,, one has printer
    > I'm trying to share,, #2 pc Can't connect to shared printer..But can
    > connect to printer in main building. Yet I can print to shared printer
    > in remote building from my office PC. Thanks

    Well I solved my problem. Apparently the old cmpaq was not capapble of
    being shared over a wireless(at leat) netowrk. I moved the DELL over
    into the second office and all pc are printing to it. Make sure file and
    print sharing is enabled on all pc. Make sure firewall is not blocking
    anything.

    LONDELL, Feb 23, 2006