    firewall. I have tried using both windows wireless network setup wizard and
    ordinary network setup wizards neither let me see my pc. Please help.
    Thanx in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja0Vk?=, Jan 13, 2005

  2. have you tried going into your control panel and clicking on performace and
    mantenece then click system then you want to click the tab called computer
    name as you can see it shows your computer description and full computer name
    and workgroup now if you look at the workgroup on both computers and see if
    they are the same if they arent make them the same by clicking on change and
    change the workgroup to the same on each. If they are the same you will have
    to wait for other replies that is the problem i think.
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2Ftc3Rlcg==?=, Jan 13, 2005

  3. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Hi Carey, Thank you for the link I actually configured my setup verbatim as
    per your site prior to my first post. BTW I found your site to be very
    informative, nice job there. After setting up as per site I admit I did get
    to see my printer but I stil can't actually see the host computer on laptop.
    It has been doing my head in for days. I really don't understand what I've
    overlooked.
    When setting up tcp/ip, file and printer sharing for microsoft
    networks, client for microsoft networks etc in wireless network connections'
    properties which do I install, client, service or protocol.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja0Vk?=, Jan 14, 2005
  5. You install all three...

    Carey Holzman, Jan 14, 2005
  6. Sussed it, I was only using wep this time around but had tried wpa before
    applying settings from website www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm but it didn't
    work. This time around after applying settings from website wep didn't work,
    wpa does. If you're having probs try above website. Thanks all.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja0Vk?=, Jan 14, 2005
  7. Thanks for the update. Please sign my guestbook at www.careyholzman.com (the
    link is in the lower-left corner)

    Thanks!
    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 14, 2005
  8. Huhhh!!! Spoke too soon. Getting p*&&£d off now. Switched on laptop again
    today, opened my network places lo and behold no host computer again. Been
    fine for last few days, printer is still available though. Why does the host
    PC keep disappearing??? Host is left running 24/7 apart from reboots, laptop
    isn't.
    As before the internet connection is fine. Please help

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja0Vk?=, Jan 18, 2005