    are in the same Workgroup. I can ping the desktop from the laptop but not
    the laptop from the desktop.

    Thanks for your help. I've been working on this problem since xmas!
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXM=?=, Feb 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXM=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 5, 2006

  3. I worked for days off and on to solve this. Can't be sure, but at a
    suggestion in one instruction I went to the desktop and hit start, then sign
    off, then signed off as administer, then just hit administrator to sign back
    on and wallah, it worked as the desktop started showing up on the laptop
    under my network places, then hit view workgroup computers. Then on the
    desktop, just allow sharing or not. Hope this helps.
    steve

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmU=?=, Feb 6, 2006