    this printer' I gave it a name. Could this be the source of the problem?
    --
    Millie
    Millie, Nov 23, 2007

  2. Millie

    Lem Guest

    Millie wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I've followed the insturctions to share my printer with other computers on
    > my home wireless network. But when I go to my laptop to add the printer, it
    > can't find it. It says either the printer name is wrong or the printer is not
    > on the network. Can anyone help?
    >
    > By the way, when I was setting my printer for sharing and I selected 'share
    > this printer' I gave it a name. Could this be the source of the problem?

    Could be. Printer share names should be 12 characters or less and not
    include any of " / \ [ ] : | < > + ; , ? * =
    Some MS references suggest that you can use *some* of those special
    characters, but better safe than sorry. Further, the the entire
    qualified name (including the server name, for example
    \\KitchenComputer\Inkjet2) must be fewer than 31 characters.
    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, Nov 23, 2007

  3. Millie

    Millie Guest

    Hi Lem

    The name I chose is EPSON880. I doubt the name is causing the problem then.
    Do you know what else it might be?
    --
    Millie

    Millie, Dec 1, 2007