Can't setup MC PC and TV/Extender in other room!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmFnZWw=?=, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. I am trying to connect my Media Ctr PC in my den to my TV/Entertainment ctr
    in the family room, some 50' away. I prefer hardwire, as I already hardwired
    the ethernet connection from the PC to the Extender. Problem! The remote
    control must send signal to the remote control receiver, or remote sensor.
    But the sensor must be connected to both the PC and my cable box. The PC is
    50' from the cable box. I bought a remote control extender to send an
    infrared signal from my family room to the sensor which can now be connected
    to the PC. But now it must be hardwired back to the cable box, 50' away.
    How the heck do I accomplish this???

    Also, I need to connect my cable box "audio/video out" into my PC via RCA
    connection cables. A 50' ethernet was expensive enough. These are big
    bucks.

    But the instructions also suggest connecting the PC directly to the TV.
    Why? The PC connects to the Extender via my ethernet cable. THe Extender is
    connected to the TV via audio/video cables (basic stuff). But how does
    video/audio get sent from my PC to the Extender? Does Microsoft have any
    line wire diagrams so I can know how Extenders, PC's, cable boxes, remote
    sensors and TV's are all wired together??

    Thanks!!!!
    =?Utf-8?B?QmFnZWw=?=, Mar 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmFnZWw=?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "Bagel" <> wrote
    > I am trying to connect my Media Ctr PC in my den to my TV/Entertainment

    ctr
    > in the family room, some 50' away.

    Most people have a similar setup. It can be done. Google the mediacenter
    newsgroup for your answer.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Mar 3, 2005