    wireless camera and receiver are working. I have captured VCR tapes to
    this PC and Studio 9 before....but now there is no analog option!

    What to do? try reinstalling the software again?

    geronimo, Aug 2, 2006

  2. geronimo

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:32:02 -0500, geronimo wrote:

    >I was going to check out a wireless NTSC camera by plugging into the
    >input of my VCR, and then capturing the video via the external analog
    >break-out box . THis version of Studio DV 9 has the analog I/O box
    >external and has a PCI card internal with analog and firewire ports.
    >Well, I got it all connected, and switched to the Capture utility in
    >DV 9. However, when I get the drop-down menu to select the capture
    >source, it only has one option, DV camcorder via firewire!!!! What has
    >happened to my analog option? It is gone.
    > I'm screwed, as there is no TV monitor in the computer room, thus
    >the need to capture the VCRs' output to Studio DV to see if the
    >wireless camera and receiver are working. I have captured VCR tapes to
    >this PC and Studio 9 before....but now there is no analog option!
    >
    >What to do? try reinstalling the software again?

    Use VirtualDub, set "Pinnacle" as the device and you'll get better
    results than trying to use Pinnacle's own software anyway. Use HufYuv
    as the codec. Make sure you have the pinnacle device in Device
    Manager under "Sound, Video, And Game Controllers." If there is an
    exclamation point then "Update Driver" and when asked to find the
    software go to the root of disc one of the Pinnacle software.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve, Aug 5, 2006