    it's all grayed and I cannot make a selection. So now, every time I start
    the default homepage is "about:blank" Anyone have a clue how I can change
    that? Thanks

    Cassie, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Cassie

    Boomer Guest

    Cassie said:

    > Someone using my computer downloaded a homepage thief. The
    > program went all over the place. I used Spybot to list the
    > files and get rid of them. That's done - but when I go to set my
    > homepage under Tools>Internet Options ... it's all grayed and I
    > cannot make a selection. So now, every time I start the default
    > homepage is "about:blank" Anyone have a clue how I can change
    > that? Thanks

    Hopefully this will help...

    (Internet options in IE are greyed out so can't change the homepage.)
    Borrowed from "Experienced but Undocumented"

    Try the following.

    1.. Go to Start / Run
    2.. Enter in rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

    This resets Internet Explorer's settings.

    Boomer, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Cassie

    Cassie Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion, Boomer, but it didn't work. I finally had to
    resort to GoBack (which has paid for itself many times over since I bought
    it!) and am back to the normal browser subservience. I just need to
    remember what I need to re-do ... all the actions taken between the hateful
    download and the drive reversion. Thanks again for trying to help :)
    ~~~

    Cassie, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Cassie

    Boomer Guest

    Cassie said:

    > Thanks for the suggestion, Boomer, but it didn't work. I
    > finally had to resort to GoBack (which has paid for itself many
    > times over since I bought it!) and am back to the normal browser
    > subservience. I just need to remember what I need to re-do ...
    > all the actions taken between the hateful download and the drive
    > reversion. Thanks again for trying to help :) ~~~

    Glad you got it fixed. :)

    Boomer, Sep 17, 2003