    I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or receive
    e-mail.

    Why???????????

    Bob Bradley, Dec 24, 2006

  2. Bob  Bradley

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:10:44 -0600, "Bob Bradley"
    <> wrote:

    >I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or receive
    >e-mail.
    >
    >Why???????????

    I don't know.

    Perhaps the error message you get would give a clue.

    Evan Platt, Dec 24, 2006

  3. Bob  Bradley

    dfrog Guest

    "Bob Bradley" <> wrote in message
    > I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or
    > receive e-mail.
    >
    > Why???????????

    Sorry to hear of your problem Rob, but you've managed to post your email to
    a newsgroup rather than "Road Runner", which means its open to everyone in
    the world to read, but not many will be able to help

    Unfortunately you also posted your email address, so when you do get to
    receive mail, there's a chance you may get more than you bargained for.

    Try going to RoadRunner home page, look for "support" and follow that
    through to find the help you need

    Hope this helps

    dfrog

    dfrog, Dec 24, 2006
  4. Bob  Bradley

    Tester Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or receive
    >e-mail.
    >
    >Why???????????

    Well, you haven't really provided enough info but FWIW I was able to
    connect to the server where you receive mail.
    (pop-server.elmore.rr.com, port 110)

    Of course, you need a name and password to login on that server and
    while I do know the name of one customer (yours) I don't have (or
    want) your password.

    I tried to connect to one of the mail servers where mail comes into
    you but Road Runner told me that it doesn't accept mail directly from
    personal IP's like mine. ("Direct to MX" is frequently associated with
    spammers.)

    Tester, Dec 24, 2006