    can't find anywhere where I could order the CD for 1.6
    either. I'ld be happy to do that too.)

    Karen
    karen, Jul 8, 2004

  2. karen

    NorCalIC Guest

    karen wrote:
    > Whenever he attempts to send an email with Mozilla 1.7 my husband gets
    > the following notification. "An error occured while sending mail. The
    > mail server responded: c<[127.0.0.]>: Helo command rejected: Access
    > denied. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail
    > Preferences and try again." We have called our isp support and all of
    > the settings are correct. I had the same problem but corrected it by
    > uninstalling 1.7 and reinsalling 1.6. With 1.6 all is well. I can't do
    > the same for my husband as he followed directions and uninstalled his
    > 1.6. :) I would appreciate any help and will forward info to the
    > support desk of our isp. (I've dug around a bit and can't find anywhere
    > where I could order the CD for 1.6 either. I'ld be happy to do that too.)
    >
    > Karen

    Is your husband behind a firewall or using a personal firewall that
    might be blocking him. Can he PING the ISP's SMTP server? Can he receive
    email through the same account?

    NorCalIC
    NorCalIC, Jul 8, 2004

  3. karen

    karen Guest

    NorCalIC wrote:
    > karen wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever he attempts to send an email with Mozilla 1.7 my husband gets
    >> the following notification. "An error occured while sending mail.
    >> The mail server responded: c<[127.0.0.]>: Helo command rejected:
    >> Access denied. Please verify that your email address is correct in
    >> your Mail Preferences and try again." We have called our isp support
    >> and all of the settings are correct. I had the same problem but
    >> corrected it by uninstalling 1.7 and reinsalling 1.6. With 1.6 all is
    >> well. I can't do the same for my husband as he followed directions
    >> and uninstalled his 1.6. :) I would appreciate any help and will
    >> forward info to the support desk of our isp. (I've dug around a bit
    >> and can't find anywhere where I could order the CD for 1.6 either.
    >> I'ld be happy to do that too.)
    >>
    >> Karen
    >>

    > Is your husband behind a firewall or using a personal firewall that
    > might be blocking him. Can he PING the ISP's SMTP server? Can he receive
    > email through the same account?
    >
    > NorCalIC

    He doesn't have a firewall set up. He is receiving email
    just fine. The ISP had suggestions about how the
    preferences were set up and they are already done properly.
    I so appreciate your help with this. Thank you!

    Karen
    karen, Jul 8, 2004
  4. karen

    Moz Champion Guest

    karen wrote:

    > NorCalIC wrote:
    >
    >> karen wrote:
    >>
    >>> Whenever he attempts to send an email with Mozilla 1.7 my husband
    >>> gets the following notification. "An error occured while sending
    >>> mail. The mail server responded: c<[127.0.0.]>: Helo command
    >>> rejected: Access denied. Please verify that your email address is
    >>> correct in your Mail Preferences and try again." We have called our
    >>> isp support and all of the settings are correct. I had the same
    >>> problem but corrected it by uninstalling 1.7 and reinsalling 1.6.
    >>> With 1.6 all is well. I can't do the same for my husband as he
    >>> followed directions and uninstalled his 1.6. :) I would appreciate
    >>> any help and will forward info to the support desk of our isp. (I've
    >>> dug around a bit and can't find anywhere where I could order the CD
    >>> for 1.6 either. I'ld be happy to do that too.)
    >>>
    >>> Karen
    >>>

    >> Is your husband behind a firewall or using a personal firewall that
    >> might be blocking him. Can he PING the ISP's SMTP server? Can he
    >> receive email through the same account?
    >>
    >> NorCalIC

    > He doesn't have a firewall set up. He is receiving email just fine.
    > The ISP had suggestions about how the preferences were set up and they
    > are already done properly. I so appreciate your help with this. Thank
    > you!
    >
    > Karen

    Are you using a router perhaps?
    The c<[127.0.0.0]> entry indicates either a firewall or router, as that is a url for such, not a normal 'assigned' url

    Essentially, compare the settings for YOUR copy (of 1.6) to his (in 1.7), if you are on the same ISP (sounds like it) they should be exactly the same EXCEPT for the username and password of course.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jul 8, 2004
  5. karen

    NorCalIC Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > karen wrote:
    >
    >> NorCalIC wrote:

    >>> Is your husband behind a firewall or using a personal firewall that
    >>> might be blocking him. Can he PING the ISP's SMTP server? Can he
    >>> receive email through the same account?
    >>>
    >>> NorCalIC

    >> He doesn't have a firewall set up. He is receiving email just fine.
    >> The ISP had suggestions about how the preferences were set up and they
    >> are already done properly. I so appreciate your help with this.
    >> Thank you!
    >>
    >> Karen

    > Are you using a router perhaps?
    > The c<[127.0.0.0]> entry indicates either a firewall or router, as that
    > is a url for such, not a normal 'assigned' url
    >
    > Essentially, compare the settings for YOUR copy (of 1.6) to his (in
    > 1.7), if you are on the same ISP (sounds like it) they should be exactly
    > the same EXCEPT for the username and password of course.

    When your husband upgraded to 1.7 did he backup his 1.6 profile first?
    (ex. MozBackup 1.3.1) If so he'll have a more accurate reference point
    to work with than your 1.6 profile. I'd still like to know if he can
    PING the SMTP address of the ISP.

    NorCalIC
    NorCalIC, Jul 8, 2004