Can't send e-mail from Newswatcher

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nick Hull, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Nick Hull

    Nick Hull Guest

    I have a Mac PM 7200/120 OS 8.6 running MT-NewsWatcher 3.1 and Eudora
    Light. Everything worked fine when I was with Mindspring, but when I
    switched to access4less (because of the mindspring virus spam) I can lo
    longer use the option of replying by e-mail.

    Everything else works, I can access & read newsgroups and reply to the
    newsgroup, but when I check the Reply by E-mail option the e-mail does
    not go out, I get an error message "can't find STMP.access4less.net"

    news.access4less.net is my news server in MT-NewsWatcher 3.1

    Eudors light works fine, I am using smtp.access-4-free.com as my stmp
    server, have also used stmp.access4less.net with no difference.

    Any help appreciated.
    Nick

    --
    Committees of Correspondence web page;
    free men own guns - slaves don't

    Nick Hull, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Nick Hull

    Bri. Guest

    Nick Hull typed...
    > I have a Mac PM 7200/120 OS 8.6 running MT-NewsWatcher 3.1 and Eudora
    > Light. Everything worked fine when I was with Mindspring, but when I
    > switched to access4less (because of the mindspring virus spam) I can
    > lo longer use the option of replying by e-mail.
    >
    > Everything else works, I can access & read newsgroups and reply to the
    > newsgroup, but when I check the Reply by E-mail option the e-mail does
    > not go out, I get an error message "can't find STMP.access4less.net"
    >
    > news.access4less.net is my news server in MT-NewsWatcher 3.1
    >
    > Eudors light works fine, I am using smtp.access-4-free.com as my stmp
    > server, have also used stmp.access4less.net with no difference.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    > Nick

    Change STMP to SMTP
    Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.

    --
    Bri.

    Bri., Oct 20, 2003

  3. Nick Hull

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Nick Hull tried to scribble ...

    > Eudors light works fine, I am using smtp.access-4-free.com as my stmp
    > server, have also used stmp.access4less.net with no difference.

    Check your spelling.

    ;)

    --
    Digweed
    '79 Beamish RL 250, '85 Swift Corvette,

    Paul - xxx, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Nick Hull

    Nick Hull Guest

    In article <bn0jmb$api$>, "Bri." <>
    wrote:

    > Nick Hull typed...
    > > I have a Mac PM 7200/120 OS 8.6 running MT-NewsWatcher 3.1 and Eudora
    > > Light. Everything worked fine when I was with Mindspring, but when I
    > > switched to access4less (because of the mindspring virus spam) I can
    > > lo longer use the option of replying by e-mail.
    > >
    > > Everything else works, I can access & read newsgroups and reply to the
    > > newsgroup, but when I check the Reply by E-mail option the e-mail does
    > > not go out, I get an error message "can't find STMP.access4less.net"
    > >
    > > news.access4less.net is my news server in MT-NewsWatcher 3.1
    > >
    > > Eudors light works fine, I am using smtp.access-4-free.com as my stmp
    > > server, have also used stmp.access4less.net with no difference.
    > >
    > > Any help appreciated.
    > > Nick

    > Change STMP to SMTP
    > Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.

    Yes, I see the difference. I have been using smtp BUT the error
    message says STMP - I don't know why. I do not see any place where I
    have entered stmp instead of smtp.
    Nick

    Nick Hull, Oct 20, 2003