    rommon, jumper or short-across, something like that?

    Thanks in advance,

    Bob W.
    RoverDrover, Mar 27, 2008

  2. RoverDrover

    News Reader Guest

    Not saying this is your answer, but when you're stuck, it rarely hurts
    to read another document.

    The following document can be found on the Cisco web site:

    Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery
    Document ID: 12818

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

    News Reader, Mar 27, 2008

  3. RoverDrover

    RoverDrover Guest

    Thanks, News Reader. I did go get that list of break sequences, I'd
    forgotten they were there. But with both the 2514 and the 4500 I'm
    getting SOME response but not the right one. Here's what it looks
    like

    Compiled Sat 19-Jul-03 13:21 by cmong
    System Bootstrap, Version 5.2(8a), RELEASE SOFTWARE
    Copyright (c) 1986-1995 by cisco Systems
    2500 processor with 8192 Kbytes of main memory

    (I send break here)

    Abort at 0x10EA81C (PC)
    >confreg 0x2142 (I entered this)

    Exception: Jump to zero at 0x2244 (PC)

    System Bootstrap, Version 5.2(8a), RELEASE SOFTWARE
    Copyright (c) 1986-1995 by cisco Systems
    2500 processor with 8192 Kbytes of main memory

    ...... and then it goes ahead with a normal boot
    RoverDrover, Mar 27, 2008
  4. RoverDrover <> writes:
    >Thanks, News Reader. I did go get that list of break sequences, I'd
    >forgotten they were there. But with both the 2514 and the 4500 I'm
    >getting SOME response but not the right one. Here's what it looks
    >like

    >Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    >Compiled Sat 19-Jul-03 13:21 by cmong
    >System Bootstrap, Version 5.2(8a), RELEASE SOFTWARE
    >Copyright (c) 1986-1995 by cisco Systems
    >2500 processor with 8192 Kbytes of main memory

    >(I send break here)

    >Abort at 0x10EA81C (PC)
    >>confreg 0x2142 (I entered this)

    Thats not what the document says to do for a 2500?
    They are old schoool.

    Read this link.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a0080094795.shtml
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 27, 2008
  5. RoverDrover

    RoverDrover Guest

    Thanks Doug. That was exactly what I needed. When it didn't say
    rommon> I thought it hadn't responded to the break. > o/r 0x2141 got
    me right in. Appreciate the quick help.
    RoverDrover, Mar 28, 2008