    problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
    blaming my antivirus protection.

    TIA

    sf, Jun 30, 2006

  2. sf wrote:
    > I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
    > the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
    >
    > I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
    > is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
    > need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
    > problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
    > blaming my antivirus protection.
    >
    > TIA

    When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you talking
    about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006
  4. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:12:18 GMT, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > sf wrote:
    > > I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
    > > the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
    > >
    > > I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
    > > is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
    > > need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
    > > problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
    > > blaming my antivirus protection.
    > >
    > > TIA

    > When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you talking
    > about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

    The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
    probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
    message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
    guess.

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  5. sf

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  6. sf wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:12:18 GMT, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> sf wrote:
    >> > I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
    >> > the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
    >> >
    >> > I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
    >> > is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
    >> > need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
    >> > problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
    >> > blaming my antivirus protection.
    >> >
    >> > TIA

    >> When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you talking
    >> about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

    > The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
    > probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
    > message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
    > guess.

    Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
    again later?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006
  8. sf

    gwtc Guest

    sf wrote:

    > I get an error message telling me "the Agent is unable to connect to
    > the server. Please check your proxy server or try again later."
    >
    > I called Comcast and they said they don't use proxy servers, so what
    > is my problem? Could it be my antivirus? I turned off e-trust, do I
    > need to turn off the inernal microsoft security too? I don't have any
    > problems sending microsoft crash reports, so I'm skeptical about
    > blaming my antivirus protection.
    >
    > TIA

    why don't you turn it off, or disable it althogether? To disable,
    Tools, Extensions, right click.

    --
    Murphy's Laws of Computing: For every action, there is an equal and
    opposite malfunction.

    gwtc, Jun 30, 2006
  9. sf

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 30, 2006
  10. sf

    Kaat Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > sf wrote:

    >>> what
    >>> any
    >>>

    >>> When are you getting this error message? What 'Agent' are you
    >>> talking about? What application is attempting to send the crash report?

    >> The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
    >> probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
    >> message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
    >> guess.

    > Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
    > again later

    I had two Ff crashes a few days ago and received that exact dialogue
    each time from the Talkback Mozilla Agent.

    I resubmitted them several times on different days - same dialogue - so
    have deleted them.

    Never had any problem using Talkback Moz Agent prior to this and nothing
    has changed on my PC.

    Kaat, Jun 30, 2006
  11. sf

    Kaat Guest

    Kaat, Jun 30, 2006
  12. Kaat > wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> sf wrote:

    >>> The dialog box comes up when FF can't send a crash report, so it
    >>> probably refers to their Quality Feedback Agent. I gave you the error
    >>> message verbatim and the message box isn't titled, so that's my best
    >>> guess.

    >> Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
    >> again later

    > I had two Ff crashes a few days ago and received that exact dialogue
    > each time from the Talkback Mozilla Agent.
    >
    > I resubmitted them several times on different days - same dialogue - so
    > have deleted them.
    >
    > Never had any problem using Talkback Moz Agent prior to this and nothing
    > has changed on my PC.

    Another county heard from. Fine and dandy, you deleted yours, you dont
    have a problem any longer.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006
  14. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 04:40:25 GMT, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
    > again later?

    I did. I covered all my bases and then came here. I see you have no
    idea how to help. Thanks anyway.

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  15. sf

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  16. sf

    sf Guest

    On 30 Jun 2006 06:53:36 +0200, gwtc wrote:

    > why don't you turn it off, or disable it althogether? To disable,
    > Tools, Extensions, right click.

    I will. I only opted into it because I thought I would be a "good
    consumer" and try to help by sending automatic crash reports. Since
    this has turned into a real PITA, I thank you for the information.

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  17. sf

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  18. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:09:16 -0700, sf wrote:

    > On 30 Jun 2006 06:53:36 +0200, gwtc wrote:
    >
    > > why don't you turn it off, or disable it althogether? To disable,
    > > Tools, Extensions, right click.

    > I will. I only opted into it because I thought I would be a "good
    > consumer" and try to help by sending automatic crash reports. Since
    > this has turned into a real PITA, I thank you for the information.

    Ooops. Spoke too soon. It's not on the extension list. Where else
    can I look for it?

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  19. sf

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  20. sf wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 04:40:25 GMT, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> Is this happening continually or only on occassion? Why dont you try
    >> again later?

    > I did. I covered all my bases and then came here. I see you have no
    > idea how to help. Thanks anyway.

    well, what do you want help with?

    If you tried again later and the messages was sent, then whats the problem?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006