    any help seeing this picture on the camera?

    thanks
    marc
    marco polo, Feb 10, 2009

  2. marco polo <> wrote:
    >i copied a JPG photo from my computer
    >to my digital Sony Cybershot,
    >but it doesn't show up in the Preview Mode

    That is quite typical. Most cameras are VERY picky about the format and
    naming of files. They won't display any unless it matches exactly the
    dimensions and other parameters of a file it would take itself.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Feb 10, 2009

  3. marco polo

    Bob Williams Guest

    marco polo wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > i copied a JPG photo from my computer
    > to my digital Sony Cybershot,
    > but it doesn't show up in the Preview Mode
    >
    > any help seeing this picture on the camera?
    >
    > thanks
    > marc

    That is the case with most, if not all, digital cameras.
    David Taylor, a frequent contributor to this NG, has programs that will
    allow you to do this for many cameras.
    If David does not see your post and advise you, just PING him.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Feb 10, 2009
  4. marco polo

    marco polo Guest

    '
    the camera came with software on a CD,
    which i haven't installed

    is it possible this software would help me?

    thanks
    marc
    marco polo, Feb 10, 2009
  5. Bob Williams wrote:
    > marco polo wrote:
    >> hi all,
    >>
    >> i copied a JPG photo from my computer
    >> to my digital Sony Cybershot,
    >> but it doesn't show up in the Preview Mode
    >>
    >> any help seeing this picture on the camera?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> marc

    > That is the case with most, if not all, digital cameras.
    > David Taylor, a frequent contributor to this NG, has programs that
    > will allow you to do this for many cameras.
    > If David does not see your post and advise you, just PING him.
    > Bob Williams

    Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. Yes, Marco could try my TVwriter program,
    there is a free trial version here:

    http://www.satsignal.eu/software/imaging.html

    Cheers,
    David