    set up fine...

    We are using a 3Com gateway, and SMC usb wireless adapters...
    any help really appreciated

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVzRE0=?=, Jul 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVzRE0=?=

    Kevin Guest

    You mean "workgroup" name, not network name, right? The machines must be in
    the same Workgroup, but can have different names to distinguish themselves.
    You used the Wizard to set up your home network? Is your firewall
    configured to allow both machines to see each other? What about printer and
    file sharing?

    Kevin, Jul 17, 2005

  3. Workgroup name, is the same in both computers "WORKGROUP"
    Different computer names...
    Used the wizard, and used the option "connect through hub"
    Firewall off
    File printer sharing enabled in both machines.

    Maybe the gateway is blocking the connection
    This gateway receives our cable internet connection and send it through the
    air.. to the wireless usb adaptors that we have in each computer..

    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVzRE0=?=, Jul 17, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVzRE0=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 17, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVzRE0=?=

    Clark Guest

    I don't remember the "connect through hub" as part of the setup, but I have
    not used the Wireless wizard.

    Have you gotten it to work?

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 18, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmVzRE0=?=

    Clark Guest

    I came across something else to check. Open your Network connections and
    see if there is a Bridge in there. If there is, try disabling it.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 18, 2005