    resubscribed to groups without avail.

    Does anyone have any idea where to locate the source of this problem? Is it
    the newsgroup provider or is this some weird computer sickness?

    robin, Dec 17, 2003

  2. robin

    Drifter Guest

    >I've googled and have seen this problem posted in the past, but haven't seen
    >a solution.
    >
    >My new posts and replies get sent out, but I can only see my post when
    >someone repeats it in a reply. I can also see my posts in google, if I
    >archive, but they never appear on the original newsgroup. Up until a couple
    >of weeks ago, my posts appeared within minutes. I've contacted both
    >Brighthouse (isp) and Road Runner with no solution. I've unsubscribed and
    >resubscribed to groups without avail.
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea where to locate the source of this problem? Is it
    >the newsgroup provider or is this some weird computer sickness?

    I run into the same problem with certain newsgroups and have had zero
    luck tracking down the issue. If you find a solution PLEASE post it
    here!!!

    Thanks
    Drifter

    Drifter, Dec 17, 2003

  3. robin

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "robin" <> wrote in

    > Does anyone have any idea where to locate the source of this problem?
    > Is it the newsgroup provider or is this some weird computer sickness?

    Do you have OE set to filter out posts made by you using a filter rule?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 17, 2003
  4. robin

    robin Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "robin" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Does anyone have any idea where to locate the source of this problem?
    > > Is it the newsgroup provider or is this some weird computer sickness?
    > >

    > Do you have OE set to filter out posts made by you using a filter rule?

    Ya know, I fee sooo dumb! Couple of weeks ago I added a poster named "NR"
    to my killfile. I'm not sure how this pertains to filtering myself out, but
    apparently it did! Robin "contains" an N and an R, so apparently the rule
    applied itself to any poster name that contains these 2 letters. (I have OE
    6.0)

    Many thanks, Happy Holidays, and a toast <clink> to you at the cyber clue
    bar! <doing the happy dance> Amazing that none of techs at Brighthouse and
    Roadrunner thought of this either!!! DeMoN, you're great!

    robin, Dec 17, 2003
  5. robin

    Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:19:07 GMT, "robin" <>
    wrote:

    >Ya know, I fee sooo dumb! Couple of weeks ago I added a poster named "NR"
    >to my killfile. I'm not sure how this pertains to filtering myself out, but
    >apparently it did!

    I got so tired of all the rants and flaming that I finally killfiled
    myself.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Dec 19, 2003