    service either totally or better on a site-by-site basis? In Tools/Internet
    Options/multimedia the "show pictures" box is checked (enabled). So its not
    that.

    Nirenberg, David, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Found the answer to this one. I set Cyber Patrol (porn filter) too strict,
    it was blocking all urls with the word "image" in them. I didn't want my
    kids using Google image search and similar search engines to see stuff that
    is blocked if you go to the site directly. I created a more narrow rule.

    If you have thoughts on my router question, though, I'm still struggling
    with that one.

    Nirenberg, David, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Nirenberg, David

    bigjon Guest

    Nirenberg, David decided to add:

    > My new laptop seems to block all sorts of pictures on websites, substituting
    > a red X the same way a pop up stopper does. Many of these I want to see.
    > I'd like to disable this feature in Internet Explorer 6 but can't figure out
    > how. (I don't
    > have any stand alone pop up stoppers.) This is not a problem with emails.
    > I figure this must be part of the
    > new XP service pack 2 features. Can someone tell me how to turn off this
    > service either totally or better on a site-by-site basis? In Tools/Internet
    > Options/multimedia the "show pictures" box is checked (enabled). So its not
    > that.

    They do say it makes you go blind......
    --
    Save a child. Kill a social worker.

    bigjon, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Nirenberg, David

    GFG Guest

    You can uncheck "show pictures" and then right click and select "show
    picture" from the drop down menu. It helps pages come up faster and you can
    choose what images you want to see.

    GFG, Sep 25, 2004