    Can someone tell me how to get this computer on the network? I have
    tried and cant.

    Thanks

    justintime, Nov 10, 2006

  2. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 10, 2006

  3. justintime

    justintime Guest

    Jack:
    Nice guide. However Im using Simple file sharing and the problem is
    when I click sharing on a drive the Network Sharing and Security section
    "Share This Folder" is grayed out. I cant click it.

    justintime, Nov 10, 2006
  4. justintime

    justintime Guest

    It appears that my server services is not started, I can not find it in
    the Services directory.

    justintime, Nov 10, 2006
  5. justintime

    justintime Guest

    Trying to fix the problem using MS help > 1. Click Start, click Run,
    type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
    > 2. In the Services list, click Server.
    > 3. On the Action menu, click Start.

    I find that there is NO Server in the services list.

    Does anyone know how to add it?

    justintime, Nov 10, 2006
  6. justintime

    David Hettel Guest

    Have you clicked on | Start (menu) | Control Panel | Network Setup Wizard?
    or have you clicked Add or Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Componets |
    and checked Networking Services?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 11, 2006
  7. justintime

    justintime Guest

    Yes I did both I did the network setup and then I removed the network
    services and then re installed them. I still get the same error when I
    select Sharing,
    "The Service is not started"

    justintime, Nov 11, 2006
  8. Hello justintime,

    Try these steps which is described in this MS KB Article.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885859/en-us

    If the Server Service is not listed, install File and Printer Sharing for
    Microsoft Networks. To do this, follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, click Run, and type ncpa.cpl in the Open box, and then click
    Ok.
    2. Right-click the Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
    3. click the General tab, and then click Install.
    4. Click Service, and then click Add.
    5. In the Network Services list, click File and Printer Sharing for
    Microsoft Networks, and then click Ok.
    6. Click Close.

    --
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

    Eric Cross [MVP], Nov 11, 2006
  9. justintime

    justintime Guest

    There was no File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks only
    "Service Advertising Protocol"

    I guess its looking like a complete new install of XP inst it?

    thanks

    justintime, Nov 11, 2006