    the one laptop but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Rick

    Rick Donnellon, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Rick Donnellon

    moon~shadow Guest

    "Rick Donnellon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a linsys 802.11b/g wireless network for my home office. I have two
    > almost identical laptops running on it. On one laptop everything works

    fine
    > I can see and access the workgroup and both laptops under "My Network
    > Places\Entire network\Microsoft Windows Network". But on the other laptop
    > when click on the workgroup "My Network Places\Entire network\Microsoft
    > Windows Network\Rdmd", explorer kind of hangs up for a while and then
    > displays the following message.
    >
    > "Rdmd is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
    > resource. etc, etc, etc"
    >
    > I can see the workgroup but not the computers under it, which the computer
    > I'm on is one of them. I'm sure its just a setting I'm missing somewhere

    on
    > the one laptop but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rick
    >
    > Not sure if this will help but hubby had same problem. He went to Network

    Connections highlighted the main computer and the networked one, right
    clicked and created a network bridge. Problem was solved.

    HTH

    moon~shadow, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Bingo!
    I got to thinking, what's changed... I added Norton Internet suite over the
    weekend. I turned off the firewall and Its working fine now. now I just have
    to go back and figure out how to configure the firewall.

    Thanks for the tip.
    Rick

    Rick Donnellon, Aug 10, 2004