    Have also tried using FireFox but still have the same problem.

    Any ideas what I can try?

    Thanks
    Iain Bishop, Nov 3, 2007

  2. Iain Bishop

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:41:19 +1100, "Iain Bishop" <>
    wrote:

    >I have IE6.0.2900.2180 and can access the internet and browse to any
    >website, but when I try to search the databases at some websites (eg.
    >www.domain.com.au or www.drive.com.au ), I get no response.
    >The websites themselves are fine because my partner can use the websites
    >databases on her work PC.
    >I have McAfee virus scan and Zone Alarm Pro, but have disabled both.
    >Have also tried using FireFox but still have the same problem.

    With 159 errors and 8 warnings on drive.com.au, plus 3 about:blank frames, and
    115 errors, 6 warnings, and 3 about:blank frames on domain.com.au, I'm surprised
    *anything* can read it. But it shows fine from here, with Firefox, using
    NoScript and other addins.

    I do not have Zonealarm or McAfee installed. I do have KIS installed.

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98
    Mara, Nov 4, 2007

  3. Iain Bishop

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Iain Bishop" <> wrote in message
    >I have IE6.0.2900.2180 and can access the internet and browse to any
    >website, but when I try to search the databases at some websites (eg.
    >www.domain.com.au or www.drive.com.au ), I get no response.
    > The websites themselves are fine because my partner can use the websites
    > databases on her work PC.
    > I have McAfee virus scan and Zone Alarm Pro, but have disabled both.
    > Have also tried using FireFox but still have the same problem.
    >
    > Any ideas what I can try?

    If you can access the site with either browser, then the problem is not on
    your end. It's a problem with the Web sites and their search features that
    may access their databases on their end. You need to make contact with the
    Web masters for the sites for a possible solution to your problems. Nothing
    on your computer has the ability to execute the code at the Web sites to
    search a database.
    Mr. Arnold, Nov 4, 2007
  4. Iain Bishop

    Iain Bishop Guest

    I think it is something to do with my computer as this has been going on now
    for 3 weeks, and my partner has always been able to search the websites
    database.

    Mara also had no problem searching the drive.com.au database today, but I
    can't.

    Iain Bishop, Nov 4, 2007
  5. Iain Bishop

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Try this reset tool http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/fixie.zip it might
    help.

    pcbutts1, Nov 4, 2007
  6. Iain Bishop

    >I think it is something to do with my computer as this has been going on
    >now for 3 weeks, and my partner has always been able to search the websites
    >database.
    >
    > Mara also had no problem searching the drive.com.au database today, but I
    > can't.

    I also had no problem searching database on the sites. But once again, where
    the search is taking place is at the Web server. The search is not taking
    place on your machine. Your machine has nothing to do with it other than, a
    browser is being used on the client machine -- your machine.

    Your browser and the computer are only in direct communications with the Web
    server for a hot minute a very hot minute. The Web server disconnects your
    machine from itself almost immediately, does what it has to do, sends the
    information back and disconnects again. If there was a real problem between
    your computer and the sites, then your machine wouldn't be able to make
    contact period with the sites, let alone asking the Web server to do a
    search.

    You need to make contact with the Web master to see if this is a known issue
    with a possible solution to your problem. Otherwise, you may be just
    spinning your wheels.
    Mr. Arnold, Nov 4, 2007