Can't search newsgroups

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Cheechat, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Cheechat

    Cheechat Guest

    Cheechat wrote:
    > I'm having a problem searching newsgroup messages with Thunderbird.

    I would look for other messages about this issue but search doesn't work
    and I'd have to plow through thousands of messages.

    > I click edit/find/search messages then I type my name in the box. As

    soon as I click 'search' a message pops up with "A News (NNTP) error
    occurred: xpat not supported."

    > Thank you for your help.

    This is very strange. I posted my xpat problem message to the group and
    it appeared under another person't xpat problem message from February.
    It's like TB searched for a relevant place to put my message! So, in a
    way, search is working. Very confusing.
    Cheechat, Mar 25, 2005